Left stick problems

Reaction score
I have been having left stick problems on my P4 standard with the 300c RC. I have been having to calibrate controller just about every time i fly, and have a hard time calibrating left turning. When calibrating everything goes ok until i calibrate the left stick left and right.It took some time to get to go to 100% right and left would only go to 20%, Gimble calibrates ok, and the done indication comes up on screen. I was able to start drone and lift off but i could not turn left. There are no other error messages and software is up to date. I am thinking bad left stick or controller?

I have been having left stick problems on my P4 standard with the 300c RC. I have been having to calibrate controller just about every time i fly, and have a hard time calibrating left turning. When calibrating everything goes ok until i calibrate the left stick left and right.It took some time to get to go to 100% right and left would only go to 20%, Gimble calibrates ok, and the done indication comes up on screen. I was able to start drone and lift off but i could not turn left. There are no other error messages and software is up to date. I am thinking bad left stick or controller?
R u doing gimble wheel in this process,do sticks feel normal,or loose ?I would do stick calibration twice and gimble wheel to complete the process or it won't save new stick inputs

Yes i calibrate gimble and i get the done indication.
Is drone new it's possible it could be faulty remote,,,you could try imu calibration ,,slight chance it might help,if not there's a issue with the rc,,not being able to control direction bit scary and prolly end bad

During the calibration did you do the stick waggling etc. BETWEEN pressing start and done?
i.e. press start, waggles sticks and dial etc. press done.
No offence meant by my asking this.

Is drone new it's possible it could be faulty remote,,,you could try imu calibration ,,slight chance it might help,if not there's a issue with the rc,,not being able to control direction bit scary and prolly end bad
Drone is two years old. Sticks move freely and are not sticking. I will try a imu calibration and see if that helps.

During the calibration did you do the stick waggling etc. BETWEEN pressing start and done?
i.e. press start, waggles sticks and dial etc. press done.
No offence meant by my asking this.
Sticks move freely and are not sticking. I move then up and down and around and when done indication come on i press it.

Ahh sorry, by "stick" I meant joystick and I was asking whether you move the controls between pressing "start" and "done"?
Also do you move each control to each limit several times during the calibration, i.e. with each joystick I would trace out several crosses, one after another and then trace out several squares around the limit of travel.
Then I move the gimbal dial to each end of its travel several times.
"Several" being at least 3.

Ahh sorry, by "stick" I meant joystick and I was asking whether you move the controls between pressing "start" and "done"?
Also do you move each control to each limit several times during the calibration, i.e. with each joystick I would trace out several crosses, one after another and then trace out several squares around the limit of travel.
Then I move the gimbal dial to each end of its travel several times.
"Several" being at least 3.
Yes: by sticks i mean the joy sticks. I move both (right and left sticks) several times up,down and around and and get 100% . I get 100% on right stick with no problem, and up and down on left 100% no problem. But have trouble getting left and right movement to go to 100% on left stick. The other day i couldn't get left stick left movement to go to 100% and drone wouldn't turn left.
I press start and calibrate and done when i get the indicator. Thanks for your help.

I watched a utube video where they had to take the rubber piece off of that left stick to clean the area underneath. (it is exposed to water and dirt). I'm assuming there's contacts of some sort, but that's old school. It also included instructions on replacing the stick. But I'm pretty sure they repaired it by just cleaning it, of dirt. Have a can of air handy.
I will check rubber between shell and controls and check video on utube.

Reactions: Capt KO
These are the joysticks in a GL300B but as far as I know they are interchangeable across the A, B, & C range and maybe even identical. I do not know if they are compatible with the C ver.b or is it ver.2.
Also the joy sticks are not handed, i.e. can be used for both the left and right joystick, the wiring is bent to bring the connector to the mainboard.
The mainboard from this controller (which had a knackered shell) went into the shell of a GL300C that needed a mainboard (it was otherwise complete) and after calibrating the joysticks etc. it worked and works perfectly well.

Attachments

• GL300B joystick bot.jpg
    GL300B joystick bot.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 179
  • GL300B joystick top.jpg
    GL300B joystick top.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 165
  • GL300B L R yaw pot.jpg
    GL300B L R yaw pot.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 152
  • GL300B joystick connector.jpg
    GL300B joystick connector.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 153
  • GL300B fore aft throttle pot.jpg
    GL300B fore aft throttle pot.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Capt KO
These are the joysticks in a GL300B but as far as I know they are interchangeable across the A, B, & C range and maybe even identical. I do not know if they are compatible with the C ver.b or is it ver.2.
Also the joy sticks are not handed, i.e. can be used for both the left and right joystick, the wiring is bent to bring the connector to the mainboard.
The mainboard from this controller (which had a knackered shell) went into the shell of a GL300C that needed a mainboard (it was otherwise complete) and after calibrating the joysticks etc. it worked and works perfectly well.
Thanks for the info. I see a 300A on ebay i think i will buy and change out the left stick.

You might pickup a separate joystick cheaper than a full controller, I got a joystick for £12 inc P&P but they seem to be around £30 to £40 now, of course a full controller is a source of other spares too.
If you are going to open it START with disconnecting the USB board which is under the cover on the underside of the controller (1.5mm Allen key required) and I'd actually suggest removing the USB whilst disconnecting it, this makes it easier to detach and reattach this ribbon cable, you want to be careful of that cable as I know to my cost.
This is a good video for the USB board removal process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl