Leaked photos of the Phantom 4

Interesting that no mention has been made of Lightbridge 2 or similar technologies. Perhaps DJI thinks that the current radio is adequate to meet FAA mandated visual ops. The "6K" video keeps cropping up. Heres to hoping that they improve the lens quality more than a little bit.....

6K would not be immediately useful except for cropping / zoom.

Can you say "a new MacPro, please?"

(Google translate is amazing. I'm going to try it on the Phantom manual....)

4acd42df664e9479faf8f1f47a67936d.jpg

I'm sure it's going to have some cool features but all in all .. I think it's hideous! It looks like a swollen p2. The avoidance system only works at low speed to it's pretty well useless. I don't know, I was contemplating selling my p3a and p3p to get one but the more I hear the less appealing it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It wont turn 360 degrees. No point if the legs dont retract and no point unless its dual operator which even 90% of inspire owners dont make use of
And no point because an organic pan is much much much nicer than an electonic one. Same as the zoom. Everyone wants optical zoom but pushing forward is a much better option and there is the great dolly in the sky.

Amateur hour since these things got popular.

And no point because an organic pan is much much much nicer than an electonic one. Same as the zoom. Everyone wants optical zoom but pushing forward is a much better option and there is the great dolly in the sky.

Amateur hour since these things got popular.
Let's face it, most pans look like crap anyway [emoji106]

It wont turn 360 degrees. No point if the legs dont retract and no point unless its dual operator which even 90% of inspire owners dont make use of
The Yuneec Typhoon is 360 with a GH4 and it is only one operator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if the tops of the quick-release props will cover most of the motor can, as this would make the top of the Phantom 4 "moisture resistant" :).

And I really hope the new batteries aren't over $200!

Attachments

• P4_Go_App_crop.jpg
    P4_Go_App_crop.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 550
Ive been laughing so much at some of the completely stupid comments in here. If you care what a drone looks like you shouldnt be flying one. Go buy a nice picture, hang it on your wall and look at it. A drone is all about specs and functionality, its a flying camera not an entrant into miss world. I also love the prices for the batteries that people are pulling out of their asses. Just because you read something on the internet doesnt mean its true. So just relax, we'll all know everything very soon.

If Dji want to copy Apple pricing model. The new line up will be Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 pro. Bye bye high end P3

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ive been laughing so much at some of the completely stupid comments in here. If you care what a drone looks like you shouldnt be flying one. Go buy a nice picture, hang it on your wall and look at it. A drone is all about specs and functionality, its a flying camera not an entrant into miss world. I also love the prices for the batteries that people are pulling out of their asses. Just because you read something on the internet doesnt mean its true. So just relax, we'll all know everything very soon.
So cell phones and vehicles have a basic function but every major company still strive for looks. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion. I just think when you spend a lot of money on a toy some thought should be put into an attractive design as well.
Don't let other people's opinion get under your skin.
Cheers!

So cell phones and vehicles have a basic function but every major company still strive for looks. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion. I just think when you spend a lot of money on a toy some thought should be put into an attractive design as well.
Don't let other people's opinion get under your skin.
Cheers!

Amen, to each their own!
Everyone buys for their own reason! To some it's a toy, some it's a camera, some it's a tool, some it's a hobby, some it's a job, etc.

For me, it's a toy & hobby above all else. And as my phone is just a phone, I buy iPhones because they look the best to me, the experience is fantastic, and they are what I am most comfortable with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers