Leaf Blowing with Phantom 3 S anyone ever tried it?

Reaction score
Upon buying my Mavic Pro, now my Phantom 3 S is expendable to some extent. I practice sharp maneuvers and fly relatively close to elements in my backyard. I was expecting my Phantom would fail at some point but I realized my cheap Phantom 3 S is more reliable and agile than I thought.
It was an ordinary afternoon and the wind was ok so I decided to fly my old drone which is pretty fun to fly just like Mavic. I had a short flight then decided to return home only to see my father in the yard complaining about the leafs. I thought, why not give it a try! The result is the video that my father took. He was pretty amazed by the quad leaf blower :D

You guys should try this...

Reactions: Deezbs
A guy did a funny one on you tube. He supposedly sat in his living room drinking a beer and was flying his quad blowing the leaves in his yard. He would go forward and back, forward and back. He did a good job of it.

A guy did a funny one on you tube. He supposedly sat in his living room drinking a beer and was flying his quad blowing the leaves in his yard. He would go forward and back, forward and back. He did a good job of it.

Thanks for the redneck video guys... I was expecting an interesting video but it wasn’t.
In an open grass field without any obstacles....yeah right buddy. I wouldn’t count on the guy doing a good job. In a field like this I can draw a freaking Mona Lisa with my phantom and send it to you so you have something to hang in your living room :D What you fail to see buddy is that he had no risk, I was flying over concrete so many trees around and an empty pool with a nasty water at the bottom.... I’m not even showing the sheep poop that was embedded in leafs. My dad shared the video in his FB and and the local reporter from IHA, which is a national news distributor company in Turkey, was interested to share my video in their video feed. What they do is that they have online database and update news feed to media companies and these individual media companies select the news pieces that they think it’s valuable...

Guys please come up with something challenging

Btw which one affects you more while flying a drone?

Beer or weed?

Good day to you guys...

Here's my 'Leaf Blowing' other day .....

P3P ...

Nigel

Thanks for the redneck video guys... I was expecting an interesting video but it wasn’t.
In an open grass field without any obstacles....yeah right buddy. I wouldn’t count on the guy doing a good job. In a field like this I can draw a freaking Mona Lisa with my phantom and send it to you so you have something to hang in your living room :D What you fail to see buddy is that he had no risk, I was flying over concrete so many trees around and an empty pool with a nasty water at the bottom.... I’m not even showing the sheep poop that was embedded in leafs. My dad shared the video in his FB and and the local reporter from IHA, which is a national news distributor company in Turkey, was interested to share my video in their video feed. What they do is that they have online database and update news feed to media companies and these individual media companies select the news pieces that they think it’s valuable...

Guys please come up with something challenging

Btw which one affects you more while flying a drone?

Beer or weed?

Good day to you guys...
That’s really nice. Happy for you. I did not mean to incite animosity.

That’s really nice. Happy for you. I did not mean to incite animosity.

Sure buddy, no animosity taken. I just didn’t like the dude’s flying technique no obstacles to avoid in his video... wasn’t good at all.
I don’t mean to be rude in any way to anyone here, I just thought, you overrated his flight, that’s fine I respect your opinion [emoji1303]
I’m serious about the Mona Lisa btw :D
May be it’s possible to do it with computer aid... making a huge portrait on desert [emoji266]

Here's my 'Leaf Blowing' other day .....

P3P ...

Nigel

Another leaf killer [emoji23] I like it...

It would be nice if you guys give me some new ideas that I can do with my drone

Thanks

Ps: I know it’s off topic but I just bought a 25 dollars worth of VR goggles which is a piece of sht. I felt like a squint guy... I was using litchi. I would be glad if you guys can help. One of you guys should have some experience with these things.

Thanks

Goggles ... I have trouble with them - I have a decent set with Dual Diversity etc. but for my 450 Quad ... trouble is I wear glasses !

Goggles people don't seem to understand that many people wear prescription glasses and the frames don't fit. I tried a cheap pair of glasses fixed inside ... but not good.

Nigel

Yes sir, that's right most goggles aren't glass friendly. I wear glasses as well and having trouble just like you are using those goggles. I hope DJI's goggles is better since I'm planning to buy in a few months when I return back to the states....

I use my P3S as a leaf blower for the gutters too. Gets a job done nice and quick! [emoji16][emoji106]

Upon buying my Mavic Pro, now my Phantom 3 S is expendable to some extent. I practice sharp maneuvers and fly relatively close to elements in my backyard. I was expecting my Phantom would fail at some point but I realized my cheap Phantom 3 S is more reliable and agile than I thought.
It was an ordinary afternoon and the wind was ok so I decided to fly my old drone which is pretty fun to fly just like Mavic. I had a short flight then decided to return home only to see my father in the yard complaining about the leafs. I thought, why not give it a try! The result is the video that my father took. He was pretty amazed by the quad leaf blower :D

Best battery operated blower ever. Was at the Ritz Carlton and saw the bell hop guys using it to blow leaves and such from the front area. Good enough for the Ritz I thought, good enough for me. Did lots of research and finally bought it! I live in Arizona, so lots of desert landscaping. Can't use anything else with these results. I also use a gas one for my large front area (1/2 acre). But for grab and go...this is the best. Charge lasts about 20 minutes of use. PLENTY of time for most.
EGO 142 MPH 575 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower - Battery and Charger Not Included-LB5750 - The Home Depot

I have 3 slide outs on my camper. When closing up the camper for the season, I have to check for leaves on top of the slide outs before putting them in. They are too tall to get to without a ladder so I thought, I'll use my P3A to inspect them. Well, there were a lot of leaves as usual so I used the bird to blow them all off. Worked great !

I use mine all the time to blow leaves off the top of my gutter guards..Works great as long as you have the guards that don’t let leaves in to begin with..

A couple years ago I posted this how I clean our gutters: Cleaning out gutters with a quad

Job is easier now since we had gutter guards installed.

Cheers

YES!! I went up to inspect my gutters and found, when it was dry, that I could blow lots of pine needles out of them just by flying a foot or two above. And nothing blew straight up and back into the 'copter, so it worked great. Everything has to be nice and dry, though.

Correct as I found ... any damp and its no good.

But of course with the latest escapade - I shall not be blowing leaves for a while !!

Nigel

I have a steep roof, and leaves gather in a few areas, and I use my P3P and get the job done quick and easy, and yes, it's important to do it when the leaves are dry. I did my roof just this afternoon in fact.

I also have two steel gazebo's in our outdoor kitchen area, and use the drone to blow the leaves off of them also. It's a little tricky for that, as we have a lot of foliage, and there is not a lot of clearance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl