Launch pad for Phantom

Great idea :)
Where do you get that from?

Have you added any weight to it to aid in keeping it on the ground?

I got it from here: Glow Portable Reflector

So far, I haven't had to add any weights to it. As long as you are directly above the reflector/launch pad it will not fly away. And if it's really windy where it would cause it to fly away then I shouldn't be flying anyway...it wouldn't be safe. ;)

May as well use a Sharpie and put an "H" in the middle!!!

Yup....that's exactly what I intend to do. I got that specifically to test the Mavic's "precision landing"...as soon as I receive it of course.

I use a 5$ rubber mat!

Light enough to carry around, heavy enough to stick to the ground when taking off/landing and dirt cheap!

1067741_Honeycomb_Rubber_mat.jpg

68ac6a13f787391b773014c9aeb0c176.jpg

Does anyone use one of these? I bought my P4 about 3 weeks ago and yesterday was the first time dust on the prop and body.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Personally I use plywood from the bed of my F-150. I use small pistons to level it. The main reason it to keep the camera from rubbing grass, etc. Or I will do a hand take off and landing

I use a 5$ rubber mat!

Light enough to carry around, heavy enough to stick to the ground when taking off/landing and dirt cheap!

1067741_Honeycomb_Rubber_mat.jpg
You know, that's the most simple idea I've heard. I'll use that for trips away from the vehicle! Has to be easier on the gear as well if not reinforced.

Does anyone use one of these? I bought my P4 about 3 weeks ago and yesterday was the first time dust on the prop and body.

I use a Heavy Circular Rubber Pad made by Bestemarial for when I'm operating in high grass and or deep fresh powder snow up at 8, 000' "in the Rocky Mountains. I'll drop it into the snow and it will usually sink in about 4 to 6 inches and it makes a great landing pad!

I do. They work great. Don't let the look silly thing bother you. It is the protection of your drone that is important.

Haha, that's why I put this out there. I think I would feel a bit silly with it as well and I just checked...they're $130. I'll pass.

You can find them much cheaper.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.