Launch code

Reaction score
Is it possible to establish a launch or start code for the AC so only one person (who has the code) could operate it? Are the RC's bound to the AC so only the RC that's bound will be able to get it started?

Andrew

Is it possible to establish a launch or start code for the AC so only one person (who has the code) could operate it? Are the RC's bound to the AC so only the RC that's bound will be able to get it started?

Andrew
No and Yes, you can only start it with the controller that it is bound to? I read where It can be bound to other controllers, however. But only one at a time.

Andrew
Interesting post.

Why do you need it? Are you protecting a fly away AC to be useless for any one else to fly?

Currently any one can link a RC to AC and start flying until it's linked to another.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Interesting post.

Why do you need it? Are you protecting a fly away AC to be useless for any one else to fly?

Currently any one can link a RC to AC and start flying until it's linked to another.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I was sitting in my dinning room table doing routine maintenance on the fleet with three AC on the table. Going away for a few days with everything left on the table and it suddenly hit me that if the house was broken in to the first thing they'd see are the AC. So, that got me thinking and that's always dangerous....

Andrew
might be one of the reasons they stopped using wifi to link go app. physical access is always the hardest to break into.
If you can get DJI to enable ssh & give you root password, you could make system wait for a password. wouldn't even need root password they put the flight software into a dji user account, then logging into it would be enough.
Till hell freezes over and that happens. You could add a cut off circuit inside the drone and hook it to a critical lead on a board. But if they have physical access, all you can do is slow down flight access. No antenna to receive commands, and no gps to know where it is would stop it from flying. But you better have a foolproof design, don't want then being disconnected when you fly it.

Andrew

interesting point, seems like DJI should implement an activation / controller lock similar to how apple implemented the icloud activation lock for new phones, would be interesting to see something like the unlock by finger print on iphones to start the motors ;)

I was sitting in my dinning room table doing routine maintenance on the fleet with three AC on the table. Going away for a few days with everything left on the table and it suddenly hit me that if the house was broken in to the first thing they'd see are the AC. So, that got me thinking and that's always dangerous....

Yes I could see your concern, thats why asked you that question. You are right two way locks could be better for safety our drones. Lets wait until the crime rate goes up haha, better solutions will emerge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus