Latest Update to Itunes No longer supports Apps

Reaction score
So I've downloaded my flight logs and video caches from my Ipad's DJI Go 4 app, using iTunes just like they recommend on the HeathyDrones.com website. But the latest update to iTunes deleted any way to connect to the iPhone or iPad apps, so I have no idea how to download these flight logs anymore. Anyone know how to do this without iTunes?

So I've downloaded my flight logs and video caches from my Ipad's DJI Go 4 app, using iTunes just like they recommend on the HeathyDrones.com website. But the latest update to iTunes deleted any way to connect to the iPhone or iPad apps, so I have no idea how to download these flight logs anymore. Anyone know how to do this without iTunes?
Are you sure? Still works for me.

Yeah, I'm sure. If you updated to iTunes version 12.7, you'll never see the apps on your iPhone or iPad listed there anymore or have the ability to access the files in any apps. I searched Google, and Apple evidently downgraded iTunes with the latest update to remove the "bloat" and to concentrate on digital file management (music, video, blogs, etc.).

I went to the Airdata.com site and learned you can download their IOS app that will download the flight logs into Heathydrones.com, but I still don't know how to get video files out of the DJI Go 4 app file structure...

Pretty sure mine is working in the latest iTunes, I will check later. It wouldn’t make sense to remove the app management.

I made a boneheaded mistake and entered an alpha-numeric pass-code instead of all numbers and got locked out of my iPad. Only way was to reinstall the iOS into the iPad via iTunes 12.6.20 using a Windows computer with iTunes on it. Took half a day to do, but at least I got the iPad running again and entered the correct numbers for the pass-code. Can't do that with 12.7 either. The girl at the Apple Store said I could log into the iCloud and restore from there, but how can you if you cannot get into the bloody thing to begin with?

It's like when my crackerjack AT&T DSL goes down and I call them and they tell you to log into att.com/repair on the landline. Well, I can't do that either as the **** internet don't work as the DSL is busted, and I'm out of cell tower range both to connect with it and I cannot Wi-Fi as the DSL is down! Arrgh!!

So I think it's best to leave 12.6.20 and opt out of 12.7 until they fix it. Reminds me of a DJI update. ;)

Last edited:
So I think it'sbest to leave 12.6.20 and opt out of 12.7 until they fix it. Reminds me of a DJI update. ;)
There is no 'fix' as it was done by design. Apps are no longer managed by iTunes but instead the device itself.

Its easy to go back a version I missed being to see the apps and be able to import or export data to apps. If you want to go back a version in windows:
Downgrading iTunes 12.7 can be done in Windows by uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling the old version. You’ll still want to restore the old iTunes Library .itl file however.

1. In Windows, navigate to where your iTunes Media folder is and open “Previous iTunes Libraries” and make a copy of the most recently dated iTunes Library.itl file in that directory
  2. In Windows, open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and go to “Uninstall or change a program”
  3. Choose “iTunes” and choose to Uninstall iTunes 12.7 from the Windows PC

4. Download and install iTunes 12.6 from Apple using the following links (direct download links to exe files via Apple CDN), get the 32 or 64 bit version appropriate to your Windows installation :
  5. Relaunch iTunes after installation has completed
It’s important to not skip the ‘iTunes Library.itl’ file process because if you do not restore the previous iTunes Library file you will get an error message stating “iTunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes”. Typically you can override those error messages by rebuilding an iTunes library, but better if you can avoid that.
Ricky

Last edited:
Well, I downloaded iExplorer 4 (iExplorer) to test if it works, and then bought the full version ($39) but at least I can download/upload anything I want from my iPad Aire 2 now. It's the only work-around I was able to find...

This article can help ya! Apple still offers an iTunes version with App Store, Ringtones and other features removed in ‘focused’ iTunes 12.7
For people mourning the loss of a desktop iTunes client to store their app library or check the best-selling app charts, there is some hope. It has been noticed on Reddit that Apple offers a special version of iTunes, iTunes 12.6.3, which retains the features that were abruptly removed in iTunes 12.7.

Apple positions this build as necessary for some businesses performing internal app deployments but it is available to download by anyone.

This version of iTunes is available for PC and Mac, and is specially configured by Apple to be installed even if you have already upgraded to iTunes 12.7 (despite the lower version number).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic