Latest IOS and DJO Go software.

iOS 9.1 on an iPad mini 2, GO 2.4, upgraded bird and controller is running ok. Wasn't usable with 9.01 or 9.02. Still think it was better with iOS 8.4 and the earlier firmware - before the last 2 updates.

It was acting very weird this evening. I didn't get a chance to fly until late tonight.
Upgraded the controller, ran the app, everything looked fine.
Took off, let it hover, flew around the yard a little, went up to 390'ish feet then out maybe 150' and the p3 lost signal to the controller.
Weird since I fly in this same area out to 3,500' or so before signal loss and tonight 150' and it completely goes out.
I move antennas, I move myself closer as the p3 is making it's way back towards me. - Never had this problem prior to this upgrade.
It wasn't until the P3 was almost directly in front of me less than 10 yds out that I got full signal again.

I'll try again tomorrow. Today wasn't so good.

iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 9.1, everything latest versions as of 10/26/2015

Reactions: Poundofnuts
I'll try in just a bit from the same spot.
Will try iPad Air with 9.1 and iPhone 6sPlus with 9.2beta.

Everything seemed back to normal . Flew for about 18 minutes using Go app on 6s Plus with iOS 9.2 beta.

Having the same problem after the upgrading the app. Both having really bad camera feed even at short range. And eventually also not being able to connect to the aircraft at all.

I know the suggestion to try new cables sounds crazy (and likely isn't the root of the problem) but I can confirm that after trying three cables that used to work a day ago, none of them worked. But switching to a new braided cable seemed to do the trick and let me connect. I went back and forth on this with the same results.
So I do agree that something is messed up in the app but it seems like it's made it extra sensitive to resistance/voltage from the cable. In short, the cable may not be the problem. But it can help resolve it. Or at least work around it.

Also in relation to the signal range, I just applied the 32 channel hack that is supposed to fix the problem (look for the thread). Will try it tomorrow.

Since updating my ipad mini 3 and iphone 6plus with the new 2.4 app I cannot use my P3P or Inspire. Both say that the RC controller is disconnected from the aircraft. Camera view will not show the camera or connect to the aircraft. I have rebooted the devices and reloaded the 2.4 app to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?
I assume you've tried re-linking the controllers to the birds?

But to answer your question no, I didn't have any problems. Though I do seem to remember having to re-link them when I did the last RC update.

I got my ph3 on Friday it worked fine on maiden flight for about 2 minutes. I packed it up when out of town on business unpacked it and now I'm getting the same thing- the camera in the controller won't connect I'm taking it back to the dealer this Friday. I have rebooted reloaded redone everything - new cables - it's a brand-new iPad - tried my old iPhone 6 Plus I can't make it work.

I'm sure you have tried this. But when I first got mine to link it I had to power off my phone. Also iPad. See if that works. For me it locked on. Maybe it could help?

I got my ph3 on Friday it worked fine on maiden flight for about 2 minutes. I packed it up when out of town on business unpacked it and now I'm getting the same thing- the camera in the controller won't connect I'm taking it back to the dealer this Friday. I have rebooted reloaded redone everything - new cables - it's a brand-new iPad - tried my old iPhone 6 Plus I can't make it work.
Tell me about it. It seems like everyone is having this problem with the new DJI GO App and latest version of the bird and RC. I'm shocked that DJI hasn't released a fix yet. Go read the reviews on the App Store for the current version of DJI GO. Over 20 people have given it 1 star and said it broke their setup. You should go ahead and rate the app with another 1 star like everyone else did while you're there. Maybe DJI will eventually take note that their software is sh!t with the last versions.

Auto updates off off off had to roll back to iOS 8.4.1 no signal at all with 3 takeoff"s on iOS 9, feel sorry for ye guys with issues so frustrating, I had 130 or thereabouts flights no probs @ all till iOS 9, do have to mention I did buy a new 1ft lighting cable on roll back of iOS so maybe

Tell me about it. It seems like everyone is having this problem with the new DJI GO App and latest version of the bird and RC. I'm shocked that DJI hasn't released a fix yet. Go read the reviews on the App Store for the current version of DJI GO. Over 20 people have given it 1 star and said it broke their setup. You should go ahead and rate the app with another 1 star like everyone else did while you're there. Maybe DJI will eventually take note that their software is sh!t with the last versions.
Everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish dji would stop forcing updates on us...if everything is working fine why update.... This is getting ridiculous

No one is 'forcing' you to update! It's your choice. Don't update if it's all working well.. Why would you?

Everyone is not having problems. I have a Mini3 on 9.1 and the latest DJI Go and it is absolutely the smoothest fantastic distance experience yet. But I feel your pain... and maybe an answer that has not been reported in this thread.

An update or 2 ago, I do not remember which one, my great working set up went to major pixelation, black screens, and horrible lag. I tried the uninstall/ reinstall, new cables, lots of things reported here. None of it worked

Someone recommend I do a DFU reset of the Mini. I am an android guy, never heard of it. I had to Google it to find it, but the directions on the Apple site were straight forward. For me, it was a complete and total cure.

If not, keep looking for some help here, and or look for some help on the RCG thread. Lots of smart people, in both places. Someone will have your answer

Everyone?

Ok, everyone but you Pete Leare. You can't deny it Pete, the new software has caused more people problems than any other version to date. Way to go DJI. Maybe they will fire the developers that released this pile of crap.

No one is 'forcing' you to update! It's your choice. Don't update if it's all working well.. Why would you?

He's probably talking about auto updates. Your right, no one is "forcing" us to update, but their verbiage is sh!t because it does state an update is "required". So while they may not be "forcing" us, they are "requiring" us to update. What a sh!t show this has been and continues to be.

Ok, everyone but you Pete Leare. You can't deny it Pete, the new software has caused more people problems than any other version to date. Way to go DJI. Maybe they will fire the developers that released this pile of crap.

I have absolutely no problems either. Latest IOS, app and firmware.
However I didn't feel the need to post "I updated, all went as it should" a bit like the thousands and thousands of others that have updated with no problem.

no problems here either... running 2.4.0 app, 1.4.0010 on p3a, 1.4.0030 on remote....... but still using ios 8.2 on iPad Air 2 with gps. reluctant to update because of another app needs 8.2.

Had a total loss of signal of video AND transmitter when P3 was over 1km away. Could not restore connection so had to hit Return To Home button. Thankfully P3 came home - video signal/transmission signal was restored when P3 was overhead. I cannot trust the DJI Go app and latest Apple updates to work TOGETHER for reliability and consistentency. As I said I had no problems prior to latest updates.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic