Latest firmware up date

Reaction score
I have just recently updated my P4 firmware and now the video on my I-pad mini 4 is hardly readable. Also the controller indicator light is rapidly flashing red/green. Anyone have any ideas? I should know better if it' working leave it alone.

Yes the usual advice is leave well alone. Are you on IOS 11? Some users are reporting problems with IOS 11, I tried the Beta, and it was horrible so I reverted.

I have just recently updated my P4 firmware and now the video on my I-pad mini 4 is hardly readable. Also the controller indicator light is rapidly flashing red/green. Anyone have any ideas? I should know better if it' working leave it alone.
Hi heres a light chart,try re-linking
1511248870652-509805757.jpg

Reactions: RémyHeli
I’ve got this same lame problem. How do you revert the iOS?? This sucks. Basically my P4 is dead cause there is no usable image transmission. Otherwise fine

I’ve got this same lame problem. How do you revert the iOS?? This sucks. Basically my P4 is dead cause there is no usable image transmission. Otherwise fine
Hi not sure on the ios revert me android user,could try a different transmission channel under HD in your settings see if that changes anything,

Um thanks nearly said to try that,thinking now,do you have another usb cord to try,even new usb could be bad,happen to me on day 1,,if no luck try delete and reinstall app,just gona have quick search now

Yea I’ve deleted app and reinstalled a couple times Just bought Litchi app - still no usable image. DJI really messed this one up. I only “upgraded” app cause old one would crash during flights. Now with new firmware and latest apps my drone is currently worthless My iPhone is a 6plus. App is probably working fine on newer phones and pads. Pretty pricey fix if I need to buy an iPad

Yea I’ve deleted app and reinstalled a couple times Just bought Litchi app - still no usable image. DJI really messed this one up. I only “upgraded” app cause old one would crash during flights. Now with new firmware and latest apps my drone is currently worthless My iPhone is a 6plus. App is probably working fine on newer phones and pads. Pretty pricey fix if I need to buy an iPad
Did find this post but after you say firmware did you try relinking ,heres a pic about location on your device might need checking
15114610317831115034613.jpg

I received this post from DJI and this possibly fixed my problem. I used method 2 and used DJI go not go 4. I found that the firmware was running 1.8. I was able to downgrade to 1.6 and then rebooted. After rebooting I found that I could go back in and upgrade to 1.9. 3 which I needed to be at. I rebooted the controller the drone and used DJI go 4 and then found that I had a green light on the controller and good reception from the camera I had a full good screen. Tomorrow I will fly and see if there are any other glitches.

DJI NA Aftersales Chat (Support)
12月6日 08:58 CST

Dear Alan ,

Thank you for contacting DJI and we hope that all is well with you!

We have escalated your concern with our engineers and developers and they have came up with the following steps to address the concern you are having:

The status LED blink red and green means the firmware of the remote controller is not compatible with the drone.
DO NOT TURN ON THE DRONE, and try one of these three methods.
1. Connect the remote controller to the DJI GO 4 app, go to Overall Status, and update the remote controller again.
2. If the remote controller was recognized as a Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 version, then go to the DJI GO app using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10 seconds. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Reboot the remote controller, press the "Camera" button go in to the main screen of the app, you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3. Follow the instruction to upgrade the remote controller to the 1.9.3 and it will solve the problem.
3. If the RC seems totally dead, try to press and hold the C1 button and shutter button then press the power button. The RC should be turned on, connect it to the DJI GO 4 app and do the upgrade.

Alan, you legend thanks for posting above. I upgraded yesterday and had the same issue you had, I just tried you posted fix and great success. Frustrating that the latest DJI Go 4app doesn't recognise the RC on the original Phantom 4's.

You are not alone, got a brand new bird and can't fly it, i have done everything according to dji and still nothing. Flashing red green lights on controller, aircraft not recognized in settings, the update is a mess. You'd think DJI would try to resolve this and release new firmware.

Such alright good for some total nightmare for others,just not right,,did you try any tips from post number 14,I'm thinking start from scratch, delete and reinstall or have you tried that,dI'd the linking process go ok ?does app open up or stuck on wrong craft

I got it fixed, going to give you the short version of what I think fixed it. Try this first if you were trying to update firmware from an apple, i was trying to do it from an ipad mini4 and nothing worked finally broke out my Samsung Galaxy 7 and it worked like a charm.
There where other steps I did before that but I do not believe any of them helped. Let me know

I got it fixed, going to give you the short version of what I think fixed it. Try this first if you were trying to update firmware from an apple, i was trying to do it from an ipad mini4 and nothing worked finally broke out my Samsung Galaxy 7 and it worked like a charm.
There where other steps I did before that but I do not believe any of them helped. Let me know
Choice you sort it,good old Samsung,,Yeh agree on that hard to know what helps and what doesn't work with these things,not one fix for all which bit over,even if doing things correct sometime never work like it should,got a try over and over while going Grey and blue with rage,anyway best of luck with future flights and enjoy:)

Such alright good for some total nightmare for others,just not right,,did you try any tips from post number 14,I'm thinking start from scratch, delete and reinstall or have you tried that,dI'd the linking process go ok ?does app open up or stuck on wrong craft
Before i went to the android I did go to the go app for phantom 3 and picked 3 standard and hooked up my controller to my ipad mini (aircraft off)and pressed the three bars on the top right for ten seconds and it brought up firmware updates and I downloaded the firmware and the controller stopped blinking and was solid blue. I thought i was all set and that id get to the go4 app and it would see i needed an update and it would prompt me to do it. It didnt and when both the remote and aitcraft where powered up it went back to flashing red and green. This is when I said FThis and tried the android SG7 and it worked like a charm, saw it needed updates, updated and camera and bird and remote were back together again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen