Latest Firmware p4p

Reaction score
Are there any problems with latest firmware? I updated about 3 months ago and the firmware was causing lots of problems.So I wound it back to the last update. Wondering if DJI fixed the bugs yet.

I got brave and decided to update everything...the P4P+ RC and the P4P.

Updates went smoothly. Only hiccup was the RC update stalled once at 47%. Did a reboot and it finished with no issues. The AC updated without a hitch.

Just returned from a 20 minute or so flight test, all done in P mode. (Test was in a somewhat confined space.) I shot a dozen or stills and three short videos. No inversions on the camera when shooting directly down, for either photo or video. No mysterious orange tints seen on stills or videos. Didn't try panoramic mode; will test that later.

The AC flew normally, save for a tiny bit of drift when above 20'. I contribute this to somewhat gusty wind conditions more than any AC issue. I'll watch for this in the future when flying on calmer days.

All in all, everything seems fine. :)

I got brave and decided to update everything...the P4P+ RC and the P4P.

Updates went smoothly. Only hiccup was the RC update stalled once at 47%. Did a reboot and it finished with no issues. The AC updated without a hitch.

Just returned from a 20 minute or so flight test, all done in P mode. (Test was in a somewhat confined space.) I shot a dozen or stills and three short videos. No inversions on the camera when shooting directly down, for either photo or video. No mysterious orange tints seen on stills or videos. Didn't try panoramic mode; will test that later.

The AC flew normally, save for a tiny bit of drift when above 20'. I contribute this to somewhat gusty wind conditions more than any AC issue. I'll watch for this in the future when flying on calmer days.

All in all, everything seems fine. :)
Thanks .I'll try again last time i updated to the latest firmware i had a heap of problems.

So...after multiple test flights today, I have additional post update observations. These issues I noted may or may not be update related, so as they say, "your mileage may vary..."

I fly the P4P+.

Right after I updated last weekend, I went outside and did a very quick test flight as wind conditions were a bit strong. Nearly a week later, it's still quite breezy. However, today was a fairly light day. The UAV Forecast app showed surface winds at 13 knots, with winds at 200' 15 knots, gusting to 22 knots. Accordingly, I still report some amount of drift in 'P' mode, and observed the AC working hard to hold GPS hover in the wind. In 'Atti' mode, the AC was all over the place when trying to hover, as would be expected for the conditions. This fits with the wind and not the AC being the issue with drift in 'P' mode hover.

I made five flights, all in 'P' mode. During the third flight, I took off in 'P' mode, then switched to 'Sport' and 'Atti' modes, but ended the flight in 'P' mode. Between each flight, I powered down both AC and RC. When I powered up the RC for the first flight, I received the warning box (FYI - all notes about warnings are paraphrased) "...firmware does not match between controller and aircraft," with an option to ignore or update. Being in a large wooded area and field, I chose 'Ignore.' This warning did not appear again until the fourth and fifth flights. I also received the warning box stating the 'No-Fly Zone Database' required an update, and the option to update or ignore on each flight. Again, I chose 'Ignore.' On the third flight, the small green box indicating 'Remote controller assisted take-off initiated' popped up on the screen and would not close. Also, the DJI lady never announced the establishment of the home-point for this flight, even after multiple take-offs and landings. This did not happen on the fourth or fifth flights, with the green take-off boxes and DJI lady behaving normally, again, through multiple take-offs and landings. I also did two successful RTH tests on the fourth flight. No RTH settings, or max altitude settings were changed by the update.

I shot several test videos and photos. During flight, I noticed the live feed from the camera had a bit of a stutter or jerky motion when turning (yaw control) the AC. However, during a playback of the videos in Quicktime, there is no stuttering or jerky motion whatsoever. The videos and gimbal movements are smooth. The photos look fine as well, shot in DNG. Of course, the videos and photos would require some post work if they were not 'tests,' but I did not note any camera issues.

Bottom line is, aside from what I believe to be issues caused by meteorological and environmental conditions (gusty winds) the AC performed well overall. After I recharge batteries, I'll see what I can figure out on the noted 'firmware discrepancy.'

Last edited:
I have noticed on my p4p+ that even though the voice prompt doesn't always announce that the home point has been recorded, it is in fact recorded on the map and the aircraft will return to it if I initiate RTH.

Reactions: svjobeth
I have noticed on my p4p+ that even though the voice prompt doesn't always announce that the home point has been recorded, it is in fact recorded on the map and the aircraft will return to it if I initiate RTH.

I figured that out yesterday - that's what prompted me to test the RTH -

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers