Latest firmware + DJI GO - Waypoints, Track, Follow etc

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm very excited to see that DJI have released the new firmware with the Groundstation style goodies.
Had a quick look as I cant seem to find any real documentation on how to use it.
Anyone have a link to a video or to doco on how to use the new functions?

On inital look, the aircraft had to be in the air before you can plat your waypoints, I'm sure thats a mistake on my part.
Help, tutorial, doco anything please. :)

Great stuff, thanks for that.
I do wonder why DJI made it so you have to fly the waypoints before you can record them. Just seems counter intuitive to me.

All other ground station apps I have see including being on the beta team for Autopilot, you can plan your trip before taking off. An,d why would I want to fly it again and again.

For example, I want to shoot a shipwreck, I would normally plan the waypoints, altitude etc. Takeoff and engage the automission. Done.
With this version, I have to fly the mission before to map it out.

The only reason I can see is so during the auto session you can control the camera but again, if I could plant before why fly twice.

Anyway, Great new features, love them all but not a big fan of Waypoints as it stands.

:)

Great stuff, thanks for that.
I do wonder why DJI made it so you have to fly the waypoints before you can record them. Just seems counter intuitive to me.

Most likely it was a liability decision. But also, don't think about it as waypoints. Look at it as a cable cam. You set 2 or more points that give you a good shot of what you want to film. Do this by flying to those spots and then marking them. You can then let the P3 fly on it's own so that you can control the camera. It really does make getting certain shots a lot easier.

But again, I think it was a liability decision in giving something to the lawmakers to keep them off DJI's back.

Most likely it was a liability decision. But also, don't think about it as waypoints. Look at it as a cable cam. You set 2 or more points that give you a good shot of what you want to film. Do this by flying to those spots and then marking them. You can then let the P3 fly on it's own so that you can control the camera. It really does make getting certain shots a lot easier.

But again, I think it was a liability decision in giving something to the lawmakers to keep them off DJI's back.

But in my experience the camera can be controlled but not the aircraft yaw and rotation so I am stuck with whatever perspective I had in the trial run.

But in my experience the camera can be controlled but not the aircraft yaw and rotation so I am stuck with whatever perspective I had in the trial run.

There is an option, "Head to"... change this to Free and you can adjust the yaw/rotation. It's actually pretty cool. Jump to 47s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj