P3 Firmware Latest DJI SDK - downgraders watch out!

Reaction score
I successfully downgraded my AC and RC due to video transmission/connectivity issues with the latest firmware combination and have been flying for some time with out any issues.

I recently purchased a set of Moverio BT-300 glasses. Using the GO app, they work just fine. However I started to add some third party software (quite limited options since the Moverio glasses are not a registered device for the Google Play store - and probably never will be due to sensitive competition issues with Google).

One of the mapping packages that I installed must have reloaded the DJI infrastructure/interface code with the 3rd party developer code, overriding the original DJI GO app interface code. While the GO APP comes up fine and "would" work OK, it now no longer just nags me that the firmware needed upgrading, but it actually LOCKS the AC (rear LEDs solid red) and when I try to start the motors, it tells me the AC is locked and requires upgrading. Pretty scary way to force one to upgrade to the latest firmware crap. This made it completely impossible to fly the bird with any of the applications.

To be sure this is something that is caused by the underlying interface code, I used my iPhone with the latest version of the GO APP. No problem there, it simply nags me, but the bird does not get locked out.

I am afraid that third party software packages will be forced to use this latest SDK and if the AC firmware is out of date, the SDK will lock it regardless of the "wishes" of the application itself.

Even re-installing the GO app did not fix this. I actually had to completely restore the BT-300 to factory and then reload the GO app (just the GO app - no other drone software). Now it all works fine again just like with my iPhone.

Fool me twice.....
After going through a complete restore to fix the problem I ended up loading the "DJI Ultimate Flight V3" which is offered on the Moverio App Store. Guess what - I again clobbered the underpinnings of the DJI interface such that the next time I wanted to use GO it would LOCK my AC because it needs a firmware upgrade.

Had to go through the whole BS again restoring the device. Back OK, but now I know for sure that I can not ever load a third party app if I want to fly my AC with outdated firmware.

Thank you Apple - for some reason this seems to be happening on Android devices only!

Last edited:
Sorry you've had these issues. I have used 1.4 and 1.7 without any issues on all of my Android till this date. (At least on P3P) Lately, Ive been running the patched version of 1.7, and then block all of DJI Go from any updates with a 3rd party. No issues. Not even flying in what is normally a DJI NFZ. I no longer have limits set on me so far. I love my Freedom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj