Last one to know? Remote now charges my tablet

Reaction score
Maybe everyone else already knows this and I’m the last, maybe others don’t know. Thought I’d share a little haha moment,

I’ve been using an iPad Air 2 for years to fly my Phantoms. Well, Santa upgraded me to a new iPad Air. Decided to fly for the first time tonight, looking for reindeer tracks on my roof and such.

Nothing else changed except the new iPad (with all software transferred from the old one exactly identical). I plug in the data cable from the remote controller usb into the lightening connector and, after a moment, I happen to notice the lightening bolt in my battery icon. My iPad is being charged by the RC.

WooHoo! I’ve wanted this since I started flying. Now, so long as my remote has power so does my screen. Just gotta remind myself to check battery level on remote a little more often than before.

I can only imagine the issue was in the old iPad because nothing else changed other than that.

Just sharing - Merry Xmas everyone.
IMG_4030.jpg

I use Samsung tab A too and never charges my device,just very slow drain aswell,I have seen somewhere options to do this in USB configuration I think,
Personally I think it good not charging device while in use,it stops rc work hard unnecessary,,if anything it needs a plug to boil water for coffee lol

Reactions: dronesky
Maybe everyone else already knows this and I’m the last, maybe others don’t know. Thought I’d share a little haha moment,

I’ve been using an iPad Air 2 for years to fly my Phantoms. Well, Santa upgraded me to a new iPad Air. Decided to fly for the first time tonight, looking for reindeer tracks on my roof and such.

Nothing else changed except the new iPad (with all software transferred from the old one exactly identical). I plug in the data cable from the remote controller usb into the lightening connector and, after a moment, I happen to notice the lightening bolt in my battery icon. My iPad is being charged by the RC.

WooHoo! I’ve wanted this since I started flying. Now, so long as my remote has power so does my screen. Just gotta remind myself to check battery level on remote a little more often than before.

I can only imagine the issue was in the old iPad because nothing else changed other than that.

Just sharing - Merry Xmas everyone.
View attachment 121036

You should get a drop down menu on your tablet when you plug in.
It will be on charge tablet as default.
Change it to MIDI.
Works on my old Tab A.

I use Samsung tab A too and never charges my device,just very slow drain aswell,I have seen somewhere options to do this in USB configuration I think,
Personally I think it good not charging device while in use,it stops rc work hard unnecessary,,if anything it needs a plug to boil water for coffee lol

I’m thinking boiling water is gonna be a BIT more of a drain than trickle charging a tablet ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic