Last ditch try on fixing my P3A camera

Reaction score
So my camera was tilted after a crash and not knowing then how to easily fix that I replaced the ribbon cable. Before replacing the cable my images were decent, besides high exposure areas or whites were given zebra stripes... Now that I have a newly installed ribbon cable the picture is worse than ever and I continuously lose feed while flying for a few seconds here and there and apparently it can now no longer shoot video or take still shots... This is what my feed is looking like.. Any help would be greatly appreciated really don't wanna spend $300 on a new camera if I can avoid it. Thanks!
1500326011258.jpg
1500326026648.jpg
1500326032600.jpg
1500326040205.jpg
1500326066680.jpg

So my camera was tilted after a crash and not knowing then how to easily fix that I replaced the ribbon cable. Before replacing the cable my images were decent, besides high exposure areas or whites were given zebra stripes... Now that I have a newly installed ribbon cable the picture is worse than ever and I continuously lose feed while flying for a few seconds here and there and apparently it can now no longer shoot video or take still shots... This is what my feed is looking like.. Any help would be greatly appreciated really don't wanna spend $300 on a new camera if I can avoid it. Thanks!View attachment 85515View attachment 85517View attachment 85518View attachment 85519View attachment 85520
I'll start with the same question we ALWAYS ask when a question like this comes up. Did you use an OEM ribbon cable?

Reactions: Droneted
I purchased a ribbon cable/Yaw arm kit recommended to me on here.. I am pretty new to drones, only had my first one since May and am unaware of what OME stands for...

It was labeled as for a phantom 3 advanced/pro and fit perfectly, so it seems unlikely it would be the incorrect cable..

I purchased a ribbon cable/Yaw arm kit recommended to me on here.. I am pretty new to drones, only had my first one since May and am unaware of what OME stands for...

OEM = ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER

a part supplied from a dealer of authentic genuine parts as opposed to a non OEM such as from China.

A lot of the Chinese ones are rubbish and cause more issues hence the question.

Regards

Reactions: Oso
I believe this one is from China... Awesome [emoji17] had good reviews though... Yes I am located in US

I believe this one is from China... Awesome [emoji17] had good reviews though... Yes I am located in US
Instead of you doing the repair, why you don't choose a service like drone nerds... They are DJI authorized dealer and have one of the best customer service.

I’ve replaced about 8 gimbal ribbons for p3, this is probably the ribbon. I’ve not had any luck with non DJI Brand ribbons. Did you buy a dji brand ribbon?if not that’s probably it undortunatwly. I’d buy a dji branded one, this is the same symptom I had with lesser quality ribbons.

Reactions: Oso
@dpsakon - This is off topic, but I hope you don't mind.

I've noticed in many of your photos here and in your other threads that you have your antennas pointing straight out. I just want to be sure that you are not doing this when you fly. Also, I've noticed that you have 4 anti-drop pins installed. The most predominate guidance it to only use two placed diagonally from each other. Many of us leave the other two spots empty or use something like loosely fitted plastic zip ties in those two spots.

Just a couple of things I've noticed. Again, I hope you don't mind me pointing them out here. Cheers!

I just dealt with this exact issue on an advanced I got from ebay. I was not able to take stills and the video feed would freeze when I tried then come back. I was also not able to switch into video mode at all. In addition, bright light appeared pink in the video feed. I made the mistake of getting a cheap $10 cable from ebay and lost all video after installing it. Spent the money on a oem DJI cable and she works like new.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl