Knew this was coming-update-pics and interview with pilot

Re: I knew this was coming... Thought it woulda been Texas f

It has happened in Texas, but that doesn't count as news here.

ATOMSK said:
It has happened in Texas, but that doesn't count as news here.

Nice!
(clap, clap, clap)

dunginhawk said:
the comments are worth a read.. so many people are anti "drone"

people give up... I have no intention of giving a **** about what you are grilling, or whatever the hell else you think im spying on...

It appears that most of the anti-drone comments are being posted by people with IQs hovering somewhere around room-temperature, and that most of them haven't even bothered to read the article.

I've spent far too much time arguing with them already.

'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Let me make sure I understand the hypocrisy here. Some feel that it's not ok to fly a controlled object in the open airspace, but it is ok to launch their own uncontrolled objects such as shotgun pellets, bullets, marbles, etc. Can they really account for where all of their objects land and be sure that their flying objects don't cause injury or property damage? Do they also feel that they have the right to shoot at flying objects built by Cessna, Boeing, Airbus, etc.? What about ultralights and paragliders. Shoot them down too since they can also see into your yard.

Oh, but the bullets don't come down as fast as they go up, Jetfixer, so you're just trying to take guns away from people!

*grunt*

Pretty sure many of these serial commenters are literal trolls. The rest are just fearful sheep waiting for the media to tell them what they should do.

Jetfixer said:
Let me make sure I understand the hypocrisy here. Some feel that it's not ok to fly a controlled object in the open airspace, but it is ok to launch their own uncontrolled objects such as shotgun pellets, bullets, marbles, etc. Can they really account for where all of their objects land and be sure that their flying objects don't cause injury or property damage? Do they also feel that they have the right to shoot at flying objects built by Cessna, Boeing, Airbus, etc.? What about ultralights and paragliders. Shoot them down too since they can also see into your yard.

That is my point! These nut are only thinking about what they are doing. Not only that, but if they did hit the "drone", they just increased the chance that it will come down and do damage to something/someone. And I am willing to bet you could Sue their butts for shooting your personal property. We don't live in the 1800s any longer, people need to grow up.

Sounds like your typical back yard inbreed hillbilly to me

I still wonder how many people try to shoot Google vans. :eek:

Last edited:
Re: Knew this was coming-update-pics and interview with pilo

People hate and are afraid of what they don't understand. Somehow some people think that because they have a home, they are entitled to some unrealistic expectation of privacy. I can go to any home in this country, stand in the street and take a photograph of it. As long as I am on public property, it is not illegal. Sure, people can call police and file a complaint, and police can question me about it, but at the end of the day, without proof of intended criminal action, they can do nothing. It's the same for aerial photography.

My neighbors called the police on me twice already. She says i spy on her, yet i fly nowhere near the old hags house. I even spent about 20 minutes explaining the UAV to her grandson. Im getting really tired of being an ambassador just to have the cops called on me. Such a shame.

smaugnaut said:
My neighbors called the police on me twice already. She says i spy on her, yet i fly nowhere near the old hags house. I even spent about 20 minutes explaining the UAV to her grandson. Im getting really tired of being an ambassador just to have the cops called on me. Such a shame.
Did the grandson at least grasp the concept?

One thing I've learned about myself over the past two days is that I really enjoy beating people with the logic bat. You can always tell you've hit a home run when they go from complete sentences to nonsensical, half-baked attempts at insults.

Morgon said:
smaugnaut said:
Did the grandson at least grasp the concept?

Im pretty sure the 7 year old did lol.

smaugnaut said:

You should invite 10-12 fellow quad pilots for a little weekend action. Make sure she is home and in the back yard when you do. ;)

Dirty Bird said:
smaugnaut said:

You should invite 10-12 fellow quad pilots for a little weekend action. Make sure she is home and in the back yard when you do. ;)

lol dont egg me on. I had to convince a buddy of mine to stop flying to her house from his house ( he lives a few blocks away). He does it to get me into trouble. It is kinda funny. My problem is with the police who still come out every time she calls about it.

Dirty Bird said:
smaugnaut said:

Probably exactly what NOT to do....

There's already enough irrational fear about 'drones' - no need to add the growing list of anti's out there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers