Keeping battery warm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
I keep my batteries in a small string bag type backpack with a few of those shake up hand warmers and keep my iPad plugged into a USB battery charger. If you use a black bag and keep it in the sun the black colour helps soak up the suns rays on top of the hand warmers. Never a problem if you do that.

I would be intrest in have a the ipad charging while connected to the TX (RC)
Some sort of dual lightning to usb ore dual usb and then a lightning cable to the ios

I'm getting a lot of "battery too cold to fly" warning lately on my P4A. I'm on the west of Ireland, and it's unusually cold, even for February. We are expecting snow next week, and that is unheard of, where I live (Valentia Ring of Kerry). If it happens, it will allow for some very unusual images, and I want to be ready for them.

Are there any tip on keeping the P4A battery warm, as it could drop to below flying temperature quite quickly, even while in the car or getting ready to fly? And, should those warnings always be heeded? I expect the temperature to be no lower than -3C.

Thanks, Stephen
On a cold morning I place a couple of batteries on car dash near Defroster vents. Commute generally warms them enough to avoid warning

We have quite a few clients in Alaska now that have been using the Phantom Rain Wet Suits to keep the Drone and the battery warm. One of the problems with the battery is that because it is not sealed , the cold air sneaks inside of the drone while you fly. The Phantom Rain Wet Suit keeps the battery sealed and closed Cell Neoprene keep the heat in. You can check it out at phantomrain.org

do a search on Multifunctional Nylon Pouches or radio holster holders & use them exclusively for batteries.

I plan on trying these on the back of my iPhone and iPad when out flying in the cold. Hopefully in the next couple days.
Will also try them for keeping the batteries warm before I fly. I place my batteries in an insulated bag with one of those grain bags (used for sore muscles & joints) you heat in the microwave.

The little single use, chemical hand warmers work great. Put a couple in your case or in a bag with your batteries to keep them toasty warm. Helps with your fingers too.

I also hover about a meter over the ground after take off, until the battery temp reads 25v in the app. It warms up as you fly. Don’t want a power drop while flying.

Stephen thanks in fact I am are tired member of IPPA. Had 20 most enjoyable and rewarding years as a full time professional. Have a p4 now for hobby space
So where are your beautiful videos of Skellig Island? We did The ring of Kerry tour last Summer. Beautiful!

I have a Standard 3 and I got the battery warmer from DJI. It is essentially a dummy load.. you run the battery in it for 5 minutes, let it set for 5 minutes to warm the battery and away you go. No more cold battery problems.. I still have to wait a little longer for the drone itself to 'warm up' on colder mornings.

I have a Standard 3 and I got the battery warmer from DJI. It is essentially a dummy load.. you run the battery in it for 5 minutes, let it set for 5 minutes to warm the battery and away you go. No more cold battery problems.. I still have to wait a little longer for the drone itself to 'warm up' on colder mornings.
Nice. And your flight times will likely be somewhat shorter in very cold weather.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94