Keep losing signal!!

Reaction score
hey, I’ve recently brought a P3S to get in to drone flying and videoing. I brought it off eBay for a good price as it had some upgrades. Seller was honest and very helpful answering questions afterward. So it works fine no major problems. First couple of flight I just flew it up out my garden, I kept getting a warning about strong interface. I guess from the house? So today I took it down the park right by the harbour. Big open area and I still got the same warning. It’s has an uprated antenna. I flew it out about .4 of a mile and then the auto return to Home kicked in. Is this about normal as I was expecting at least to get a mile. Am I positioning the antenna wrong?? Or is that really the max range??

Reactions: dazzer and NitroMan
How are you positioning the antenna? I'm not a fan of upgraded ones, and they have to be fitted correctly. You also need to be facing the drone, and the higher it is the better, not over 400 ft tho.

Reactions: Motlock
hey, I’ve recently brought a P3S to get in to drone flying and videoing. I brought it off eBay for a good price as it had some upgrades. Seller was honest and very helpful answering questions afterward. So it works fine no major problems. First couple of flight I just flew it up out my garden, I kept getting a warning about strong interface. I guess from the house? So today I took it down the park right by the harbour. Big open area and I still got the same warning. It’s has an uprated antenna. I flew it out about .4 of a mile and then the auto return to Home kicked in. Is this about normal as I was expecting at least to get a mile. Am I positioning the antenna wrong?? Or is that really the max range??

I had the controller at 45 degrees so the antenna would have been pretty much up right. I think I was flying at about 200ft.

What country you in ? CE area is less ranged than the US. A tad short of .5 miles is about right for that area.

Reactions: sajindra
I’m in England, so even with an upgraded antenna that’s about the right range??

I’m in England, so even with an upgraded antenna that’s about the right range??
0.4 miles as you stated is 2112ft and around distance I get in country in US with stock antenna. Based on other threads and posts, sounds about what you'd get in CE areas with an upgraded antenna. Perhaps someone from the CE(UK) etc. could corroborate or discuss?

“Strong interference detected” warning Seems like normal. Specially with IOS. Always calibrate the compass before flying.

Hope this will helpful ...

Your lucky had nothing but trouble with mine can be stood next to it and it loses signal will not fly it anymore keeping it as spears

Reactions: Amergin
I asked from dji. One guy told air craft detects the interferences and other guy told me both controller and aircraft can detect that.
The latter would make sense to me. Why would DJI deliberately hide an interference detection at the controller?

The latter would make sense to me. Why would DJI deliberately hide an interference detection at the controller?

Honestly, I have no idea. My situation is also same. Got that warning while the aircraft switched off. Dji did not believe this until I send a screenshot. Want to know his reaction? "this is weird" lol.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
The pilots here have more accurate knowledge than the DJI help experts. I went from stock antenna to a dual flat with a 7db center antenna same interference warning.Then to the full flat panel. Paid over a hundred for it for the p3s and still same interference warnings and tried different areas. Where their is nothing but open land. I am beginning to believe it’s the electrical interference within the remote or the tablet and or smartphone. I see nothing WiFi related on my WiFi device that searches for other WiFi signal in the area. So, I think it’s something DJI needs to address

the standard has a much more limited range compared to the Advanced and the professional. It's my understanding that the advanced and the professional use the light bridge technology. The standard uses standard wi-fi like and Autel, GoPro Karma or Yuneec. When I had my P3 Professional I could easily get two miles out of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164