Just updated Phantom 4 Firmware, Battery Update?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just had a firmware update on my Phantom 4, it mentioned about optimising the intelligent battery.

The reason I am bringing this to everyone's attention is because of the Phantom 4 Pro release. Are the batteries the same capacity, or are they different?

Have they now optimised the Phantom 4 battery to last longer and match the Pro? It may be wishful thinking but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are the batteries the same capacity, or are they different?
The new P4 battery has a higher capacity. The original P4 battery will not last longer by DJI smiply tweaking the firmware. The new battery is compatible with the P4 too, so that would be the way to go if you're looking to add 2-4 minutes of flight time.

Think I heard of 28 to 30 minute flight times somewhere , maybe higher capacity...

Note 28-30 are manufacturer top values in ideal conditions such as gently doing circles at constant specific speed, temperature, no wind and more.. so generally less flight time.

The new P4P battery has more mAh power for same weight (+ 6gr. actually) and is compatible with P4. Great! Well done DJI !

Last edited:
The new P4 battery has a higher capacity. The original P4 battery will not last longer by DJI smiply tweaking the firmware. The new battery is compatible with the P4 too, so that would be the way to go if you're looking to add 2-4 minutes of flight time.
Hey Msinger, do you know if a P4 update could ever up the speed 10mph on our birds in P mode?

Is it possible? Probably. I don't think DJI will do it though since the forward obstacle sensing range on the P4 is about half the distance of the P4P (49 feet vs. 98 feet).

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Is it possible? Probably. I don't think DJI will do it though since the forward obstacle sensing range on the P4 is about half the distance of the P4P (49 feet vs. 98 feet).

I wonder how they did that? Did the physical sensors in the landing legs change or ... software? If so, perhaps it can be ported to the P4s

I'm not sure. I don't think DJI is interested in porting new features into old aircraft though. They are probably laser focused on developing new technologies and/or improving their existing technologies.

$170 is alot for 2-4 minutes of flight time additional, unless your always flying up to the battery RTH time.

That's the MSRP for the P4 battery too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers