Just purchased P4P tonite! Question about included ND filters

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased the Phantom 4 Pro+ executive kit 2.0 that comes from Drone-World. I see that it comes with a filter kit. Here are the 3 it has . . .
ND8/CPL filter (I think I would rather it were just a plain ND8 filter)
CPL filter (not sure when I would ever use it)
Variable ND filter (ND2 thru ND400)

The last one seems awesome in concept, though I have read bad reviews of other variable ND filters.

So my question is . . . should I just put this filter kit up on eBay or something and get a PolarPro or SkyReat filter set instead? (ND4 and ND8 seem to be the most necessary filters for the Pro, please correct me if I'm wrong)

TIA

ND4 and ND8 seem to be the most necessary filters for the Pro, please correct me if I'm wrong
You'll probably mostly use an ND8 or ND16 in normal daylight conditions. An ND4 would be okay to have on hand too if you shoot video at sunrise/sunset.

I have a list of some commonly used P4P filters here.

Reactions: GMack
You'll probably mostly use an ND8 or ND16 in normal daylight conditions. An ND4 would be okay to have on hand too if you shoot video at sunrise/sunset.

I have a list of some commonly used P4P filters here.
Thanks for that info. Couple of questions though . . .
Do you think I should keep what I'm already getting (including the variable ND filter . . . if it really works as advertised, I shouldn't need a kit, right?), or sell and buy something else?

I noticed that nobody sells a kit of just ND4, ND8, and ND16 filters (unless you want to buy a bunch of other stuff too). It's very frustrating since I think it would be what most people actually want. Have you seen any kits like that?

Last edited:
I gave up on the ND4 and now that the aperture is adjustable I think it makes even less sense. I'm thinking a ND32 might be necessary after dealing with overexposure in the snow last week and having experienced last summer's superbright sun. Either way I don't think you're losing out not having the packs as I'm going with DJI filters this time now that the gimbal clamp actually works.

Hi, I just purchased the Phantom 4 Pro+ executive kit 2.0 that comes from Drone-World. I see that it comes with a filter kit. Here are the 3 it has . . .
ND8/CPL filter (I think I would rather it were just a plain ND8 filter)
CPL filter (not sure when I would ever use it)
Variable ND filter (ND2 thru ND400)

The last one seems awesome in concept, though I have read bad reviews of other variable ND filters.

So my question is . . . should I just put this filter kit up on eBay or something and get a PolarPro or SkyReat filter set instead? (ND4 and ND8 seem to be the most necessary filters for the Pro, please correct me if I'm wrong)

TIA
I was wondering who outbid me on that one. Congratulations! Let me know when you get ready to sell the case.

I was wondering who outbid me on that one. Congratulations! Let me know when you get ready to sell the case.

I was wondering who would dare bid against me! J/k. Hope you get one soon.

Anyway, are you referring to the ND filters? I might be willing to sell outside of eBay. What do you think they're worth?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was wondering who would dare bid against me! J/k. Hope you get one soon.

Anyway, are you referring to the ND filters? I might be willing to sell outside of eBay. What do you think they're worth?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Actually the Nunak 950 Case is what I was referring too. I think the filters are probably one of their better products. At this point I'm going to wait because of I have the P4, not the P4P and so they won't fit. I have been going back and forth on the Pro vs Pro+. I did a video shoot yesterday using my Samsung Galaxy S7. I've been rotating back and forth between the S7 and the iPad mini. I really like the iPad mini's larger screen. It's tough to see outdoors but I like the iPad mini better. So I'm really leaning toward the P4P without the built in screen and hope the Crystalsky 7.5" comes out soon!

Msinger has the right idea. I picked up the Polar Pro Shutter Collection for my P4P. And like he said an ND4 from DJI is real handy at dusk for video. The Shutter Collection is awesome btw! Very good quality.

Reactions: Eddyfisher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20