Just purchased my first drone, guess what I got?

Reaction score
Did you guess a DJI Phantom 1? Great! I'm in the right place. Well like my title says this is my first drone or quad copter or even RC in at least 15 years. I'm 29 years old and haven't had a "toy" (and I use that term loosely, I mean big boy toy like all my tools and cars) like this in quite some time. Now let me tell you about my setup.

DJI Phantom 1
Nanuk Hard Case
5 Batteries
Extra OEM Blades
3rd party static GoPro mount with little shock stabilizers

I just purchased one of those tall carbon fiber padded landing gears and some prop guards but they are still in transit.

My main question is in regards to how to get an FPV setup. I already own an original GoPro one but can probably get a Hero3 fairly easily if needed. I would like to use a GoPro and preferably my phone or a tablet to use FPV. I've seen all these "kits" that range from a $15 transmitter to a $400 kit? As I'm still learning I would like to invest as little as possible at first while still maintaining a decent rig (I'm sure I'll upgrade in the future). What is the cheapest route to getting FPV hooked up to my GoPro and phone?

Also, are there any other "Must Have" accessories for the Phantom 1 besides what I have? Carbon fiber blades?

And lastly I have to say you guys/gals are a very welcoming community compared to the other forums I visit about cars and construction and such. I've read some posts with terrible questions and everyone is quite polite with their responses. Props to a nice community, my name is Tommy and I hope to learn a lot from you!

Thanks for any and all help!

http://imgur.com/iEfizXU

Hey TommyGun, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bird. You'll have a lot of fun flying and learning, and this is a great place to do the latter.

RiZe-TommyGun said:
Also, are there any other "Must Have" accessories for the Phantom 1 besides what I have?

Probably one of the most significant and inexpensive upgrades you can do right away is the 9450 Thrust Boosted props. Just make sure they are genuine DJI and you'll get a reported 100grams in additional lift capability and maybe tack on two or more additional minutes of flight time.

Here's the problem: the more frequently you visit here, the greater your "Must Have" list will grow :) , or at least that's how it worked out for me.

Again, have fun, but above all, be safe...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic