Just pre-ordered two Professional units. Thinking of changing my order?

Reaction score
What's up everyone? I just placed my order for two Professional model Phantom 3's. I was thinking of changing my order to one Advanced and one Professional. I just wanted to double check some things.

01) Will my iPad Air 2 fit the holder with my Otterbox on?

02) Will the Professional model battery work in the Advanced model and vice versa?

03) Other than the camera, what's the difference?

04) I know this is a dumb question. Can the settings in the Professional version be changed from 4K to 1080p? I want both 4K and 1080p. If I can change the Pro settings, then I'll leave my order as is. I do know that the Advanced model is 1080p only. I was just thinking that the Pro version would allow both depending on ones needs.

I know I should of researched all this first. I just got word about the P3 last night. I have owned two P2's, (still have one) and the news of this got me excited! So I just clicked the order button.

Thank you from Texas.

Reactions: Advexure
What's up everyone? I just placed my order for two Professional model Phantom 3's. I was thinking of changing my order to one Advanced and one Professional. I just wanted to double check some things.

02) Will the Professional model battery work in the Advanced model and vice versa?

04) I know this is a dumb question. Can the settings in the Professional version be changed from 4K to 1080p? I want both 4K and 1080p. If I can change the Pro settings, then I'll leave my order as is. I do know that the Advanced model is 1080p only. I was just thinking that the Pro version would allow both depending on ones needs.

I know I should of researched all this first. I just got word about the P3 last night. I have owned two P2's, (still have one) and the news of this got me excited! So I just clicked the order button.

Thank you from Texas.
  1. iPad Air 2 will only fit naked (no case).
  2. Yes, batteries will be interchangeable.
  3. Only differences are the camera and the Advanced comes with a 57W charger whereas the Pro comes with a 100W.
  4. Yes, you can shoot 1080p on the Pro if you so choose. By no means are you stuck only shooting 4K.
If you have any further questions just let us know.

Thanks,
Mike

Reactions: twistedsisterfan
  3. Only differences are the camera and the Advanced comes with a 57W charger whereas the Pro comes with a 100W.
  4. Yes, you can shoot 1080p on the Pro if you so choose. By no means are you stuck only shooting 4K.

Thanks,
Mike

Awesome. Thank you. My order will stay as is. Greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Advexure
And a big welcome to the forum ! ;)
untitled.png

Awesome. Thank you. My order will stay as is. Greatly appreciated!

So for a little bit more money you would get the better charger and way better camera. Why not just get 2 pros? Seems like you will regret it later and then the camera upgrade would be really expensive to do.

Thank you from Texas.

Thanks,
Mike
Hey mike..
Shockwave on rcgoups.com makes a adapter for the I pad air 2 so you can use a outerbox..
Happy flying. .
turbo. ..

Hey mike..
Shockwave on rcgoups.com makes a adapter for the I pad air 2 so you can use a outerbox..
Happy flying. .
turbo. ..

I just tried to look this up. Am I wrong in saying it only works with the phantom vision? It looks like the phantom 3 uses a different type of attachment. It looks like the one on the Inspire.

I just tried to look this up. Am I wrong in saying it only works with the phantom vision? It looks like the phantom 3 uses a different type of attachment. It looks like the one on the Inspire.
Hey bartold..
the adapters Shockwave sells are for the inspire tab holder which I believe the p3 will use. .

So for a little bit more money you would get the better charger and way better camera. Why not just get 2 pros? Seems like you will regret it later and then the camera upgrade would be really expensive to do.
I'm not so sure about the 4k camera being "way better" - I'm thinking 1080p 60fps will look just fine with the Advanced considering they have the same sensor. I'm looking forward to seeing comparisons, though - I kind of want to hold off on my P3A order until I've seen lots of videos posted from both models...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic