Just Great - Drone Harasses Big Horn Sheep

I might sound that I'm going against the harassment part, but I bet the operator simply just wanted a "close-up" of the sheeps using a drone.

At this rate, I think there would be no fly zones pretty much everywhere.

Why can't people have common sense? Don't fly in a way that it poses risks to others or disturb the peace. Plain in simple. Airport nearby? Check! Major freeway below or nearby? Check! Wildlife rattled? Check! Sensitive government installations? Check! Crowd of people below? Check! Historical fragile structure that could be damaged? Check! Place where people expect privacy? Check!

I hate to be so negative, but I am starting to be resigned that this hobby will increasingly become less and less fun. The more affordable it is, the more people will get them, the more irresponsible people will draw attention to themselves and the more places it will be illegal to fly them. In a culture of paranoia, we can't already fly anywhere in town, because people think that you're a perv or spying on them and you can't or won't be able to fly in most places that are worth filming, because of restrictions, valid or not. That leaves use with maybe the ability to fly in an empty dirt lot (if not owned by anyone) and far enough from anyone and anything... :-(

Personally, I am all for only allowing people that have completed classes and who are properly licensed to fly in certain areas instead of plain and simple interdictions. At least, that'd give some of us a chance to film responsibly some beautiful areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj