Just got iPad Air 2. Image quality question.

Reaction score
Hey guys I just successfully passed my FAA 107 exam so I treated myself to an iPad to air this afternoon. I have a question though, the image quality from the drone to the iPad isn't what I expected it to be. The video kind of blurry through my iPad. But when I plug my ST card into my computer the The video is flawless.
Also when I'm flying around and I have the camera set to the video mode (recording or not) the image quality comes through much better then if I was flying around with the picture taking mode.
Is this something that you guys with the iPad deal with as well? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It doesn't matter which resolution you choose to record to the memory cord, the transmitted video from the drone to the controller is fixed at 720P. The drone to controller video's main purpose is to see where you're going and to aim the camera.

Because of this, I don't even bother saving the video from drone. I only use the MicroSD card.

It doesn't matter which resolution you choose to record to the memory cord, the transmitted video from the drone to the controller is fixed at 720P. The drone to controller video's main purpose is to see where you're going and to aim the camera.

Because of this, I don't even bother saving the video from drone. I only use the MicroSD card.

Very good to know. Thank you

Hi guys...question,..seems like everytime i fly my p4p...the image quality on the ipad air 2 keeps going out and I'm getting a pooor weak image quality message in the upper left corner. Even if I'm fairly close to the bird...and i notice its on 5.4mzh...(5.something)....any suggestions?

Hey guys I just successfully passed my FAA 107 exam so I treated myself to an iPad to air this afternoon. I have a question though, the image quality from the drone to the iPad isn't what I expected it to be. The video kind of blurry through my iPad. But when I plug my ST card into my computer the The video is flawless.
Also when I'm flying around and I have the camera set to the video mode (recording or not) the image quality comes through much better then if I was flying around with the picture taking mode.
Is this something that you guys with the iPad deal with as well? Thanks!

Yes, this is normal, I see that anomaly on my P4/GL300E all the time, and the same when flying with my GL658A. When flying and not recording, the video displayed in the iPad view is a bit fuzzy. When I start recording video I get a clear 720 resolution image. Makes no sense, however I've always got video recording so it doesn't bother me much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj