JUST flying is no fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show of hands please.......

Is anyone else sick and tired of this person using every possible post as a cheap opportunity to push his product???

Come on my friend....... give us a break...... please
Im gonna take a wild guess and say yes... I know I am.... There again @PhantomWetSuits is an approved vendor here so that brings certain obvious privileges. While it’s cool that they might run as many self promo threads as they like hijacking every thread with the seeming desperate make the product relavent to the issue tactic is getting monotonous... I feel like I’m trying to dodge the homeless people trying to get my spare change at the train station entrance.

This is the thread that pushed me off the edge with his spam. I went to his profile and selected "Ignore" so I will no longer see his posts. I also used the report button explaining my concerns to the moderators. The guy does pay for advertising and as such helps keep this board going. Hoping someone will have a word with him to please stop it already. It's just so blatant.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
This is the thread that pushed me off the edge with his spam. I went to his profile and selected "Ignore" so I will no longer see his posts. I also used the report button explaining my concerns to the moderators. The guy does pay for advertising and as such helps keep this board going. Hoping someone will have a word with him to please stop it already. It's just so blatant.
It's also counterproductive on his part. Pushy salesmen are not likeable, and people won't buy from those they don't like.

I just responded to him in another thread right before seeing this thread. Just because he is an Approved Vendor, I don't think he should hijack threads just to get a cheap plug in. Seems like the Moderators should have something to say about that.

Does paying to be an Approved Vendor really give you the right to post plugs throughout this forum? If so, maybe I need to find another forum.

Sorry to the OP if my comments take this thread further off tract.

Its easy to forget the question the OP asked:
The OP was seeking advice on what he could do with his drone:

To summarize the answers given , all of them valid.

Storm chasing -
Sell his Drone
Video
Ancient Burials
3D photos
Documentary films

Storm Chasing is a valid answer to the OP. But taking the opportunity to remind us all that we should never go out in the rain without a rain coat is a shameless plug for the product you are pushing!

Again, sorry OP, I will not participate in taking this thread further off topic - will not respond anymore.

Reactions: Lo-Rider
Its easy to forget the question the OP asked:
The OP was seeking advice on what he could do with his drone:

To summarize the answers given , all of them valid.

Storm chasing -
Sell his Drone
Video
Ancient Burials
3D photos
Documentary films
Maybe you should reconsider your "marketing plan." You are clearly offending far more than you are converting, and have quickly gone from a welcome supporter to an unwelcome spammer with your current approach, and apparently have no remorse, or are completely in denial.

Is anyone else sick and tired of this person using every possible post as a cheap opportunity to push his product???

I think I’m well on the record about this. LOL.

And thank you for your more direct vote. :). Mine are usually more tongue in cheek. ;)

I just responded to him in another thread right before seeing this thread. Just because he is an Approved Vendor, I don't think he should hijack threads just to get a cheap plug in. Seems like the Moderators should have something to say about that.

Does paying to be an Approved Vendor really give you the right to post plugs throughout this forum? If so, maybe I need to find another forum.

Sorry to the OP if my comments take this thread further off tract.
I’m not informed on the business end of this forum regarding approved vendors and payment etc. I would suspect that approved vendor would afford *some* opportunity to garner sales. But I don’t know the guidelines. I just know that after a year and a half of avid reading here, this guy stands well outside the norm.

Take @msinger for example. He’s an approved vendor. I think I’ve seen a few posts from him pointing people at product he sells. But this is in direct response to someone asking about strobes for example. He posts a link and he’s done. More importantly, he contributes an almost infinite amount of knowledge and log file analysis to help the community. In fact, based on that, I’d accept more posts from him linking to the products he sells. His help::salespitch ratio would still be very high. PhantomRainman adds little value really. Maybe there are a couple examples out there where he has. But I think there is a preponderance of evidence that his help::salespitch ratio is *well* below 1.

Having said that. When I’m in the mood to be a little sarcastic and give someone a touch, he’s there for me. ;-)

*** Thread Closed****

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik