Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

Reaction score
Cracked her open today and confirmed my ESCs are 2.1.

Let's work together to help us determine how many phantoms might be affected, which phantoms were updated, and when. (My date of purchase was 12/26/14 via CopterShop on Amazon) I bought it to replace an old Phantom I had...

If you guys can share your serial numbers (leave the last 3 digits blank), date of purchase, and your ESC version (if known), then we can likely get to the bottom of when DJI started distributing the 2.1 ESCs with their Phantoms, and more importantly, figure out how many consumers have been affected so we can grasp the size of the problem. This will also help new buyers determine if a Phantom is updated before they even open up the retail box which has a serial number label affixed, so it can be returned if necessary (or not purchased to begin with).

phantom-belly.PNG

Below is the data you guys have contributed so far. We need much more data, please share, as this will help all of us and keep DJI accountable.

dji-esc-log.PNG

Update (January 10th, 4:35pm) Please be sure to provide the correct ESC version data as indicated in the image below:

esc-v2.1.PNG

Great idea PH 645449..Purchased 11/15/14 V3.0 NO version numbers on ESC

we need another person with same serial number as one of u two and thats it

Only three scenarios here...1.) I have the older, but ummarked 2.0 version or ...2) They didn't start putting the stickers with 2.1 on them until serial number...??? or...3.) DJI was trying to pull a fast one by not numbering ANY ESC's until...???

Well my ESC is unmarked. No idea if tis "2.0 or 2.1" SOME older Phantoms were marked "2.0" why not mine?

Prylar Bek said:
Great idea PH 645449..Purchased 11/15/14 V3.0 NO version numbers on ESC

Our serials are about 19,000 apart. Possibly, that means somewhere between those 19,000 units, they started including the marked 2.1 ESC. Let's see if we can zero in a little closer with more data from others.

I won't make any assumptions but I trust in the initialization sequence where by if u don't have the 4 beeps you are fine

Serial PH45449xxx V3.0 ESC pre-V2.0, or no markings at all. Purchased 12/15/2014 from UAV Direct in Liberty Hill Texas.
Also, this is what came in the box with several v2.0 ESCs i just received.

Attachments

• motorSheet.jpg
    motorSheet.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 2,705
Eltrochaphantom said:
if u don't have the 4 beeps you are fine
UAV Direct did a warranty replacement of one of my ESCs and it does have the extra 4 beeps in the initialization sequence.
Go back and re-replace it?

Well nothing is sure until u confirm with DJI...
But we never know

Eltrochaphantom said:
Well nothing is sure until u confirm with DJI...
But we never know

I don't need to confirm anything, I have NO beeps

Quick question the ones from dronecamps and UAV direct. They are phantom 2 v+ v3.0 or phantom 2 v2.0

I purchased mine on 01-07-14 and SN is 645469. Haven't flown it yet and haven't opened it up to check ESC. Could this SN indicate a newer upgrade?
Curious

Mtroserider said:
I purchased mine on 01-07-14 and SN is 645469. Haven't flown it yet and haven't opened it up to check ESC. Could this SN indicate a newer upgrade?
Curious

Look's like you're in good shape, as yours came off the production line after mine, and mine is ESC v2.1 (see below)

dji-esc-log.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl