Just, another, short range question!

Reaction score
Hello dear members of this forum.

I am a happy owner of a P3A for 2 months now.
I have flown 21 times with my phantom and i have at least 20 years of experience in flying RC objects, all kind.
I am not pleased with the range of my P3A.
The longest fly I have ever managed to accomplice is 500 m and the maximum altitude is 150 m. I flew over cities but in deserted places too.
I use it for semi-professional purposes, for example to photograph hotels.
More specifically my problem is about filming 2 hotels.
At the first one, after 100m (length or/and high) I have faced all control suddenly (NO SIGNAL sign) and immediately RTH. At least 4 times, at different spots of the hotel.
At the second after 100m (length or/and high) I received red signal , but no disconnection , so I returned back.
Both of them have a wide network of WiFi transmitters and the first one have a big dish that receives WiFi from a ground source.
So the question is : do my phantom has a problem or all this situation is common and expected.

Is there any solution to solve this situation and fly higher and longer?

Thanks in advance!

If the antenna's are properly oriented and there are no objects to block the signal or to give interference there might be a problem with your set.
I have had a P3A with a similar problem. DJI replaced it.
I would suggest to check the range (watch the bars) in an open field with the right antenna orientation.

Reactions: gharar
You can't give your AC a fair distance test unless you're out in the open with clear line of sight and away from interference. I guess you know that though - with 20 years experience.

Reactions: rene van der meer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl