Jittery video of fast motion

Reaction score
so I've been covering some automotive racing event lately, and I'm having a real motion with the vehicles video quality being very poor. I have been shooting at 3840/25k frames.

Basically, it looks like the car go 5 frames forward, then 2 frames back, then 5 forward, 2 back etc etc etc. Reminds me of the old 3/2 Pulldown from home theater DVD days.

Anyway, should I be shooting a different resolution/frame rate (even 1080?), are my memory cards too slow, or do I have a hardware problem? Shooting real estate or other low motion items everything looks fine.

Thanks

**I'll post a sample shortly***

I can't see your video link, it says the page couldn't be found. It sounds like the Jello Effect from what you are describing. Are you using ND filters?

Try other frame rates, 30fps or 1080 @ 60fps, that will help. 24fps on fast moving items can cause that effect

so I've been covering some automotive racing event lately, and I'm having a real motion with the vehicles video quality being very poor. I have been shooting at 3840/25k frames.

Basically, it looks like the car go 5 frames forward, then 2 frames back, then 5 forward, 2 back etc etc etc. Reminds me of the old 3/2 Pulldown from home theater DVD days.

Anyway, should I be shooting a different resolution/frame rate (even 1080?), are my memory cards too slow, or do I have a hardware problem? Shooting real estate or other low motion items everything looks fine.

Thanks

You need to speed up your frame rate and shutter speed.

Thanks

Sounds like a pc rendering problem Do you have any other 4K video to look at on the pc or if you are using the Go app what do the lower quality files on that look like If they’re jittery then yeah you could have a problem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj