Jerky videos Phantom 3

Are you in 4K mode? If so, I assume it is a memory issue on your computer. You need at least 8G of RAM, preferably more. My IMAC has 4Gig and all 4K videos I took when I first took my P3 up a week ago were jerky like you mention. Went back to 1080 issue resolved. I got 4K for a reason so I need memory upgrade.

Regards,
Brad

I think it's the video player - I think a lot of the older software does not know how to handle the newer 4k video. I just got my P3Pro this past Monday, but have been into PC gaming for the last 20 years

I have a i7 980X CPU with 12 cores
I have an NVidia 980 GPU
12 Gigs of RAM
I have SSD drives!

All cutting edge gaming stuff that plays my triple monitor resolution of 4960x1600 at over 60FPS

Yet some players (like Media Player or Quick Time) run my 4k vids like stuttering crap!

Try a different player - VLC seems to work well so far...

download it from VLCmediaplayer org website.

how do you resolve jerky videos when rotating the aircraft ? Gimbal calibration or defect ?

Are you recording in .mov or .mp4? I first started in .mov and had choppy/jerky video, but after moving to mp4 it is now gone. Plus I turned off video caching as well.

Hi,

I'm using MPC-HC and it's working like a charm !
https://mpc-hc.org/

Thank you for this. I'm in a boat having to use an older laptop that cannot handle 4k rendering. I'm able to view them alot better pre-edit with this rather than VLC.

Thank you for this. I'm in a boat having to use an older laptop that cannot handle 4k rendering. I'm able to view them alot better pre-edit with this rather than VLC.
VLC is jerky on my 13" MacBook Pro also and I have 16GB of RAM on it. My 4K video plays fine with QuickTime.

Goodness, I also have jerky playback, but thought it was the camera. I have a MacBook Pro and maybe that is the problem. It is about 3 yrs old. Vid looks like still pic being snapped about every second. Any other possible reason???

Goodness, I also have jerky playback, but thought it was the camera. I have a MacBook Pro and maybe that is the problem. It is about 3 yrs old. Vid looks like still pic being snapped about every second. Any other possible reason???
I have the same problem since the last firmware update. My brother has the same 3 Pro and the same problem. I was hoping to hear from DJI about an update to fix this problem as I have the problem when I am watching from my IPhone as I record.

It must be my computer. Have MacBook Pro and playback jerky, but if I playback on my Nvidia Shield while SD card still in camera the 4K playback is smooth. I will try using 1080p as suggested and see if that plays better on my computer

It must be my computer. Have MacBook Pro and playback jerky, but if I playback on my Nvidia Shield while SD card still in camera the 4K playback is smooth. I will try using 1080p as suggested and see if that plays better on my computer
Hey i was wondering , I have a shield do I just need a micro usb to hdmi cable to watch 4k videos from my phantom to my shield. My laptop can't handle 4k. Thank you

Last edited:
Mine doe's the same thing. I tried it on my computer, then on a friends computer, it does the same thing. So I sent it in to Dji in Los Angeles, 7 weeks later I still don't have it back. I call them and can't get an answer on where it is.

I know this reply might be a bit late but:

i just got my Phantom 3 Pro last week and started shooting videos in 4K .mov and yes even having a computer with 16G of memory with windows 7 that i use for SolidWorks does not prevent the video to be jerky but as soon as I tried it in my wifes MacBook Air the video plays perfectly even the image quality is 5x better than of that in my PC. i think changing it to a .MP4 file format could help eliminate the jerky videos. i have to try it first and see what happens.
it is odd thou that the video plays amazingly well in my Samsung Note 4 but not in my PC.

I also tried my GoPro app on the same PC i had issues with playing back the video and it seems to be very smooth now. this tells me that the application that is been use is the problem. i can use a .mov or .mp4 in the GoPro app no problem.

Hope this helps

It's codecs/containers and how well your hardware and software decodes. Some players have inefficient, old codecs or cannot utilise graphics hardware acceleration or your player isn't configured correctly.
You will find quicktime plays mov but struggles with MP4 files.

VLC has many tweaks in the settings. I had trouble with a 720 file every time it was played with subtitles on my 16gig i5 PC. It all came down to a wrong output setting and a bad codec.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.