Jerky 4K footage from P4P

Reaction score
I have noticed in most vidoes that I have been taking, that the footage seems to be slightly jerky. This footage is with the P4P hovering, with the camera looking down and watching waves (P4P not moving)
h.264 4k/30fps @ 60 for Shutter speed, tap to focus.
Then I also noticed it whilst flying in a straight line.
I went for another fly this afternoon, and noticed at one point it was extremely bad

All F/W upto date. Using a SanDisk Extreme 64gb Micro SD card.
Playback on a 15" MacBook Pro retina mid 2014 (should be more then capable of the playback) - Will try play back on another machine.

Has anyone else noticed or experienced similar issues?

As a test, try converting some of your video to HD Prores422 (or HD h.264) and then play back on your laptop. If it's still not playing back smoothly then maybe you have a drone issue.

I doubt that you have any problem with the aircraft, H.265 playback issues are very common even on newer PCs if hardware and software is not exactly right (for instance on my PC VLC has problems with H.265 while the native Windows player works fine.) Try another playback device (with sufficient power and correct software/codec support) or as above see if it transcodes smoothly and I'll bet you find the original camera footage is OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl