Jello effect on footage

Reaction score
About 3 months ago, my P3S footage started to have a jello effect. I did some research and I tried everything I read including replacing the props and tightening the screw on the gimbal. None of these works and the footage still has a jello effect. Here is an example of the jello:

I'm watching your video on my cell phone thus can't get all the details.

You should figure out the conditions when you get the jello most.

Are you seeing jello effect all the time? If true, then it's due to gimbal vibrations. Check if the vibration dampers are really free. They have only two diagonal freely hanging locking pins. Props are properly balanced.

If you get jello during certain movements, then is gimbal in follow mode or FPV mode. Don't keep gains high.

Thirdly, jello effect could be due to lighting and its processing. Do not set to auto exposure, use ND filters ....

I'm watching your video on my cell phone thus can't get all the details.

You should figure out the conditions when you get the jello most.

Are you seeing jello effect all the time? If true, then it's due to gimbal vibrations. Check if the vibration dampers are really free. They have only two diagonal freely hanging locking pins. Props are properly balanced.

If you get jello during certain movements, then is gimbal in follow mode or FPV mode. Don't keep gains high.

Thirdly, jello effect could be due to lighting and its processing. Do not set to auto exposure, use ND filters ....

I tried all those except for balancing the props. How can I check if they are balanced?

I had a look at your video...have u messed with the camera settings at all...shutter speed ,exposure etc

I do see that your saying about the video..did you edit it in a program or is that raw footage. what sd card are you using..is it the same as came with the drone

Just a thought ..is this recorded with dji go...have you got litchi...different program...see if it's the same... litchi's £20 British pounds here in the UK. ..but worth the program if you ask me for the ability to use FPV..here's another thought is the video feed on the tablet wobbling in real time too or just the recorded video

I do see that your saying about the video..did you edit it in a program or is that raw footage. what sd card are you using..is it the same as came with the drone
This is raw footage and the sd card is the one that came with the drone. I know it isn't the sd card because I see the jello in the live view on the app.

What about the apps have you tried completely uninstalling the apps and really installing them...firmware!!!! What about that..sorry you'very probably done all this but it's the kind of things I would do

Just trying different things with other programs might make it a bit clearer if it's a hardware issue or software

OK it's 7 am here in the UK. ..I'm on holiday this week the kids are off school.. am away rainbow fishing with them..I'll hear from you later

Just trying different things with other programs might make it a bit clearer if it's a hardware issue or software
Okay so I have a few new developments. I tried deleting and reinstalling both the dji app and the Litchi app and neither of those worked. When I was putting away the drone before I turned it off I heard a vibrating in the gimbal. I moved the camera around and got the gimbal to vibrate again and sure enough, on the app I could see the jello effect. I now know it is a hardware issue rather than a software but I don't know how to fix it.

How old is the drone, is it still under warranty ,,contact dji they will fix it if it is..give them the details

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4