Jamaica 2016

Real nice. Beautiful water.

Well..... firstly...thank you for doing such a fantastic job of filming. Welcome to my home even though I am in Kingston. It looks like you are in Bloody Bay in Negril. I sail around the Island every year and it is one of my favorite spots not to mention Hedonism.
On a not so good note.....the airstrip is very close and anything over 100 feet is very dangerous so be cautious. DJI app shows it.
Have fun and be safe! Nuff respect!

Reactions: rcfanatics
Thanks for the feedback, it is bloody bay indeed. The little airstrip however is not shown in the Go app. I watched the planes take off and land and figured out pretty quickly which path they take and stayed out of it.

Was about to make my own thread but thought I'd ask here.
I'm getting married there next month and want to take my p4. Spending time in Ocho Rios then a day in Kingston before flying to Barbados then back home to SD, CA.

Any guidelines or advice? Awesome vid! Can't wait to get there!!!

Was about to make my own thread but thought I'd ask here.
I'm getting married there next month and want to take my p4. Spending time in Ocho Rios then a day in Kingston before flying to Barbados then back home to SD, CA.

Any guidelines or advice? Awesome vid! Can't wait to get there!!!

Nothing really to watch out for, just make sure you bring two batteries and carry the Phantom in a good hardshell case. Don't forget to remove the pressure valve on the case.

Nothing really to watch out for, just make sure you bring two batteries and carry the Phantom in a good hardshell case. Don't forget to remove the pressure valve on the case.

So customs is nothing to worry about?

Thanks for a quick reply! I hear horror stories about people having issues.

So customs is nothing to worry about?

Thanks for a quick reply! I hear horror stories about people having issues.

I've had zero issues with customs. But then I also had the VIP package where someone picks you up at the plane and walks you passed all the lines straight to your shuttle bus.

Just say its a flying camera to film your wedding and you will be fine. Avoid saying drone. Say quadcoptor and you aught to have no worries.
Please note, that the wind howled here so you can see 20+ knots easily. Pray for a calm day. You also have no airports to worry about in Ochi. Which hotel did you choose?

Just say its a flying camera to film your wedding and you will be fine. Avoid saying drone. Say quadcoptor and you aught to have no worries.
Please note, that the wind howled here so you can see 20+ knots easily. Pray for a calm day. You also have no airports to worry about in Ochi. Which hotel did you choose?

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. Busy with everything.
We are staying at Beaches and then Marriott in Kingston.

I have been seeing a lot of people talk about the wind there. Same with Barbados.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl