jakeely.com is a scam.

Reaction score
Anyone hear of jakeely.com? o_O SCAM!

Seen the ad on this site:
ad.png

Last edited:
Wow, that is cheap! I wondered the same thing, and requested some information from them. I'll post back here when they reply.

The only option to pay is a credit card. No paypal or nothing. It's a scam, but if they excepted PP, you could just buy it and see what you get, and get your money back with PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsnyder97
Has anyone bought from jakeely.com? Things are awful cheap, I don't know if it is legit. o_O

Phantom 4 for $250? And you seriously think there is any way this is a LEGIT thing? Let's be realistic here and honest... there is no way this is an honest and legit process. Someone, some where along the way is getting ripped off and it's most likely whoever orders from that website.

Caveat Emptor

Phantom 4 for $250? And you seriously think there is any way this is a LEGIT thing? Let's be realistic here and honest... there is no way this is an honest and legit process. Someone, some where along the way is getting ripped off and it's most likely whoever orders from that website.

Caveat Emptor
I figured it is not legit. Just thought I'd post it anyway.

They state on their website they direct ship from warehouses around the world:

"
5. Where do you ship from?

A: The majority of our inventory is sold from our warehouses in China with a select few items from other distributors in other countries including here in the United States. That being said, sometimes your order may come in different packages at different times.
"

I will not trust it at all... If they have a PayPal option it will be different because if they scammed you, PayPal will reimburse the money back.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
The Whois lookup for this site says they are located in Quang Nam, their site says IL, USA

Reactions: BigAl07
mapquest shows the address to be an empty lot. So does google maps.
Those satellite photos are not current. If you look up the address on Zillow, you can see newer images that show a 4 bedroom house in a development. It was built in 2014 and last sold in 2015. I would bet the the people behind that site picked the location randomly. The location is real, but that's about the only thing that is real on that site.

They claim to ship from China and list shipping times of 10-30 days or more. If I wanted to run a scam to collect as much money as I could before it falls apart, I would use a long shipping time.

If you have any question about this company being sketchy, take a look at the photos of the people on the site. The photo of the founder and ceo, "Michael Myers", is from Shutterstock. Would a real company need to use stock photos for their team? Why would a company based near Chicago use a web design team in Quang Nam, Vietnam?

I'm guessing that it's either a complete scam, or they are selling counterfeit drones, or they are selling stolen drones. In any case, I would not want to give them my credit card information. There are just so many things wrong with this site.

How did the OP come across this site?

Zillow - never heard of it - thanks for posting
Also, another way to verify an address is real and connected to the company is to look up the property taxes. You can usually do that at the county level. And in this case, the property owners are none of the 3 guys listed on the web page. Or just google the address.

If I wanted to create a fake web site to show to identify a scammer, it would be hard to create a site so obviously fake as this one appears to be. Even the "About Us" text is boiler plate code that has nothing to do with a drone reseller.

Reactions: macoman
Also, another way to verify an address is real and connected to the company is to look up the property taxes. You can usually do that at the county level. And in this case, the property owners are none of the 3 guys listed on the web page. Or just google the address.

If I wanted to create a fake web site to show to identify a scammer, it would be hard to create a site so obviously fake as this one appears to be. Even the "About Us" text is boiler plate code that has nothing to do with a drone reseller.
Wondering how many already put their credit card info and got a surprise!!!

It say there is a paypal option, but no place to sign in.
That's because they took an online store template and added some fake drone adds. They only wired up the credit card page because it's easier run a scam through a credit card than through PayPal. The credit card "button" is just a stock image that they are hotlinking from Shopify
Untitled-1.jpg

No buttons here, just a jpeg. Going through the web site code, it looks like they are using Stripe to process the credit cards. I reached out to Stripe support over IRC and they suggested reporting it via their online support form. The deeper you go into this site, the more wrong it looks.

UpLift Aerial, how did you come across this site in the first place?

Reactions: Neon Euc
That's because they took an online store template and added some fake drone adds. They only wired up the credit card page because it's easier run a scam through a credit card than through PayPal. The credit card "button" is just a stock image that they are hotlinking from Shopify
Untitled-1.jpg

No buttons here, just a jpeg. Going through the web site code, it looks like they are using Stripe to process the credit cards. I reached out to Stripe support over IRC and they suggested reporting it via their online support form. The deeper you go into this site, the more wrong it looks.

UpLift Aerial, how did you come across this site in the first place?
Yea I know it is a fake template.

It was/is an ad on this site (PhantomPilots).

ad.png

Last edited:
picard-facepalm.jpg

Can someone affiliated with DronePilots explain why they allowed this site to advertise here?
I never saw that and not sure if it's not AdSense and most likely not from here . I can't say but @clackey can for sure .
I have seen things advertized here before I had Googled that I know we don't have venders for so let's wait and see what he says before we make any assumptions that place is affiliated with DronePilots ..
And that is all I can tell you as that is all I know . :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl