It's this normal????

Reaction score
It's this normal?

I think not, but....

5d0fd5f21c43865f74d20502717a9471.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The failsafe rth appears very before with 10s message that i cancel.
The P3A was programed to low crittical bat at 15% this appens at 16% and after pass the H point.
In this case the failsafe rth can kick after pass the h point
That s the point that the drone don't have power to do a go home

I think.... right???

It is not a good practice to start flight with a battery that has low %. The % is just an estimate - you should look at Voltage of battery. The voltage drops quite a bit when input is given on the RC. Again, when starting drone, Votage may be fine, but as you start flying, the Voltage drops telling the AC to return home, even though your battery level appears acceptable.
This is totally normal and a great feature of the Phantom and latest firmwares. There was an old firmware that did not take into account the drop in voltage and birds were falling out of the sky because there wasn't enough juice in the battery.

Reactions: Ricardo Silva
Sorry 4 times but never shutt down the drone.

Yes D'sAdvanced you are right. But in this case (i think) and after i cancel the failsafe rth in the app the drone need to enter in crittical low bat and then starts descending

Nop...
The smart rth appens if i press the button or in the app, neither one or other have bein activated.
The P3A do this by is self

it says low battery power

it is automatic when battery gets to a certain threshold, set in go app

best to follow Ds' advice on battery levels etc.

good luck and have fun flying!

Raising the critical battery level to 15% will cause an emergency landing sooner than it need be.
The default 10% is better.

That's watt appens to clarify this...

The P3A enters at 30% of low bat.
The go app send the message of rth if i don't canceled in 10s the P3A make a go home.
I canceled the message and continued flighing
After the point that i canceled the message in go app the drone can do a automatic RTH???
(I don't think that is possibel, becouse i cancel the message)
Then the drone need to enter in low crittical bat and starts descend

I think this is the right way i just see the tutorial videos and manual of the p3a and i don't see or read about it.

That's watt appens to clarify this...

The P3A enters at 30% of low bat.
The go app send the message of rth if i don't canceled in 10s the P3A make a go home.
I canceled the message and continued flighing
After the point that i canceled the message in go app the drone can do a automatic RTH???
(I don't think that is possibel, becouse i cancel the message)
Then the drone need to enter in low crittical bat and starts descend

I think this is the right way i just see the tutorial videos and manual of the p3a and i don't see or read about it.

Unless I am not following you well, it sounds like you have the correct understanding.

SMART GO HOME (Smart Return-to-Home in newer app versions) allows your Phantom to detect it has reached a point where it needs to start returning home so that it can make it back home before reaching a critical battery level. It initiates a RTH and the GO app will give you 10 seconds to cancel the RTH before it begins.

SMART GO HOME
does not account for wind, so the calculations are not always accurate when calculating a safe return to home. It is not unusual for pilots trying for distance runs to disable SMART GO HOME in the app so that they can go as far as possible and/or decide for themselves when they want the Phantom to return.

The pilot needs to decide to enable or disable this option for each circumstance. We saw an example recently where a pilot had SMART GO HOME enabled, moved to a location different than home point (>65' away), and when the battery reached a point that it needed to RTH, the Phantom initiated a RTH right into a tree. A good example of why its so important to understand the different expected behaviors of the Phantom and know how to avoid them or react to them if they happen.

By disabling SMART GO HOME, the Phantom would not concern itself with calculating and accounting for a return flight and it should simply initiate a landing at its current location if it reaches a critical battery level during your flight.

Last edited:
I don't understand is hy my drone makes a go home after pass the H point, becouse he don't have enougth bat for make a go home

I don't know if is any problem with the phantom.
Im afraid the drones make a fly away or something

Thank's for the message Oso

in mine p3a i put smart go home in hovering it's that you refer?

Be careful with terms. Though they sound similar, RTH is not the same as SMART GO HOME (Smart Return-to-Home in newer app versions).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic