It's this normal????

Explain me watt's the diference please.
Im new in phantoms

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's a bit convoluted now since DJI changed the name of these features. It all depends on which version of the apps you use, so searching in the forum will show you different answers. Also, long time P3 owners (like me) may still use some of the older terms since they were in use for so long prior to the recent changes.

In a nutshell:
Smart Go Home (Smart Return-to-Home in newer app versions) initiates a RTH at any battery level when the algorithm determines you won't have enough battery power to reach your current home point.
It considers your horizontal distance from, and your altitude above, the home point.
This is why the folks who go for distance records often turn off the SMART GO HOME option in the app.

Different from the above, when the RC signal is lost for three seconds the P3 will initiate a fail safe RTH and it will respond based on the presets of RETURN-TO-HOME, HOVER (at current location), AUTO LAND (at current location).
You noted that you have yours set to HOVER.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricardo Silva
The message in your picture is Low Power. Not to be confused with Low Battery.
Low power is when it has reach the safe power level to return home.
Low battery is an adjustable warning setting. Default is 30%. It is a warning only.
It is possible to reach both points at the same time. It just depends on how far away the p3 is at the time.

The message in your picture is Low Power. Not to be confused with Low Battery.
Low power is when it has reach the safe power level to return home.
Low battery is an adjustable warning setting. Default is 30%. It is a warning only.
It is possible to reach both points at the same time. It just depends on how far away the p3 is at the time.

nice catch on the message!

also good to be reminded of difference between.

DJI seems good at having similar names, etc for different features.

Reactions: Ricardo Silva

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20