Issue Removing Camera During Flex Cable Replacement

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone had any advice,

I am replacing the flex cable on a Phantom 3 Standard. When I try to remove the camera it is stuck in place. The one screw holding it in place had some white corrosion on it. I used a wire brush and cleaned out the hole, but am unable to remove the system. Any suggestions?

IMG_2165.JPG

have you rounded the screw head off...in the picture its not in focus so ?

A thought. Get some wd40 or similar fluid. Spray it into some kind of container. Plastic coke bottle cap will work. Take a tooth pick or similar device and dip it into the fluid. Enough so you end up with a drop of that fluid on the end of the toothpick.Then carefully put that drop in the screw hole. May need to let it sit overnight. May free it up.

A thought. Get some wd40 or similar fluid. Spray it into some kind of container. Plastic coke bottle cap will work. Take a tooth pick or similar device and dip it into the fluid. Enough so you end up with a drop of that fluid on the end of the toothpick.Then carefully put that drop in the screw hole. May need to let it sit overnight. May free it up.
Thank you for the suggestion! I let the WD-40 soak overnight, still no luck. Going to put some more on and hopefully that will work.

Cameras Motors "Overheating"........if your not flying and have the drone on and props " >NOT< " spinning...the gimbal motors will overheat...is that what you did to see that message on the screen ?

Sounds odd. Was this a new drone when you bought it, or used?
it was bought new, but after a crash one of the camera motors started overheating, so I am trying to replace the ribbon flex cable now and will go from there
Ok, how old is it?
My guess is that it's either corrosion, or a bent pitch motor shaft (the shaft that's going into the camera)

Read my number 8 post !

Push the camera back in place......then pull it back out a few times...it might loosen UP even more..Good Luck.

Pry slightly with a flat head screwdriver. Done it many times. Comes right off. It's not corrosion. It's a locktite type of stuff. When reassembling make sure the flat side of the shaft is facing backward. Only use a genuine dji part 85 cable. Otherwise you will be doing this all over again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic