Issue on Playback on P4 and Mavic Pro since upgrading Ipad for Mavic Pro

Reaction score
Ok, don't really know where to start on this. Have a Phantom 4 and just bought Mavic Pro

I didn't have any problems watching videos on a new souped up custom PC I bought for editing 4k. Win 10 Pro, intel 6800 chip, Asus Delux II MB, EVGA 1080, and 32 GB RAM. Water cooled system.

I bought a Mavic Pro the other day for back country flying. Ever since uploading firmware for the Mavic Pro on the Ipad, I have not been able to successfully view any MP4 videos on my PC rig.

Sometime the images load, start to play and then fail after anywhere fro 3 to 50 seconds of viewing. In VLC viewer, the error reads: VLC could not read the file (bad file descriptor).

Won't even load in Windows Media Viewer at all any more. Though older phantom images sometimes still do, but current one will not.

When updating the ipad for the Mavic Pro, was there an automatic update to the Phantom 4 that was shared on Go4?

I have also had idiopathic anomalies with mouse, keyboards, the desktop files not working properly on the PC since trying to read the file from the Mavic and Phantom.

I've tried a window reset to just prior to working with imported video. Even the reset won't work.

I'm not a computer guy, but I sure could use some insight into some possible issues.

Thanks, Stephen

SOLVED!
After two days of trying to figure out why videos would drop out and read the above error, I decided to start pulling peripherals off the mother board USB ports. I figured that there must have been a hardware conflict somewhere as the video played from the memory in the Mavic and P4 on the ipad, and on my old Win 7 Vaio laptop.

It turns out that my BLUE mic was causing the conflict. Interesting that it wasn't doing that before, but since a MS update on 4/1/2017 the conflict arose.

Hope this may be of help to anyone else experiencing a sudden idiopathic problem that appears out of nowhere.

What a waste of two days!!!
Stephen

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan