Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

I did the update Saturday through the DJI 4 app. Hung up at 99%. I unhooked the P4P, and did the controller update. THEN I decide to read these post. As I tell people I'm smart, just not real smart. Took it out in the back yard to test. Controller beeping away. Said to caliber sticks. I re-linked the controller. Same issue. Then I did the calibration for the sticks. Same issue. Turned every thing off and tried again. SEEMS to work. Just took it up 200 feet, turned the camera around, and back down. I will take it to my flying spot today for more of a test. I just knew I would have an issue. It did not seem as stable in hoover. Might have been some wind, more testing.

After I updated the Go4 app keeps telling me my forward vision sensors need recalibration. I try to recalibrate on DJI assistant and it says the sensors are fine. Given up using Go4 now and use Litchi instead. Flys perfectly.

The update is fine for me. What i did in order: update dji go app> update controller thru phone or ipad> update aircraft thru dji assistant 2 on pc or mac(restart laptop needed after downloading fw)> reset factory settings> calibrate camera sensors of your aircraft> calibrate imu> calibrate compass> and last, calibrate gimbal and heres the result:

Okay, I got time to take it for a longer flight today, and all is not as rosy as I was hoping it would be - definitely there are some issues.

I was flying over an open field about 20' high, got about 300' out and started getting weak signal errors, then temporarily lost connection and gimbal went to the side so white LG arm was showing. I flew the battery out and this happened several times. Sometimes I got out 500 meters with no issues, then other times not even out 100 meters. Gimbal did the side thing several times, even after stopping and re-calibrating it, it usually eventually fixed itself, but this has never happened before.

Another issue is it either went into what I think was ATTI mode while still showing GPS mode. At first I thought it just went into Sport Mode but was finding it very hard to go in a straight line with a bit of a breeze blowing. The app thought it was still in GPS mode as it said it was and I could still access the intelligent flying modes, but it was most definitely not in GPS mode. I did some high speed zipping around and also noticed that it was not position holding very well at all.

Now I'm wondering if I should downgrade, it's still flyable and I didn't notice the erratic wobbly flying others report, but I sure don't feel comfortable flying it out any distance the way it is.

Also tried the terrain follow, seemed to work but was reporting errors every few feet, but that could have been because I was flying across winrows of swathed grain and that was confusing the sensors.

I'l leaving on a 3 day trip tomorrow and taking it with, so I may try recalibrating the IMU tonight & try again tomorrow..

The update is fine for me. What i did in order: update dji go app> update controller thru phone or ipad> update aircraft thru dji assistant 2 on pc or mac(restart laptop needed after downloading fw)> reset factory settings> calibrate camera sensors of your aircraft> calibrate imu> calibrate compass> and last, calibrate gimbal and heres the result:

P4 or ?

just updated after another I pad app notice this morning 9/13 /17 ,10 am pacific time and was prompted to update DJI 4 app. my updates for the most part have worked great .after that I fired it up and it showed disconnected and low battery on controller although everything was fully charged. I shut everything down including I pad and aircraft battery removal ,rebooted (no low controller warning or disconnect warning)and was prompted to update controller firmware which I did.then I took it to a big field by my house to test it and it flew fantastic.it was very windy and it hovered steady as a rock,only ran 1 battery so I didn't take it thru all the features but the RTH and precision landing landed the craft extremely soft without any prop surge wobble and the motors seemed to be smoother on deceleration from a full throttle let off no power surge howl ,. camera function level and clear gimbal worked perfect .did they finally get it ? one thing I have a phantom 4 that I had recent work done after a crash and they replaced the mother board and ive never had many of the problems others have thankfully .I use a brand new 128 mg I pad mini that's only for flying as well.

Last edited:
Well, I finally updated mine, or at least the dealer did, when they repaired some stress cracks! They tested it out as O.K.

I flew it today, after updating Go to 4.1.09, and all was well apart from a wireless interference message. The rotors spin more slowly at idle than before (quite calming!) and there's a very slight wobble in the hover, but it flies fine.

I'm using a Nexus 7 (2) with Android version 6 and Go 4.1.09 (can't get 10 yet). It would be good to know how anyone else with similar setup is faring.

It might be interesting to hear how pilots with and without recommended tablets (and OS versions) are doing?.

Here we go. I would be really interested to know if the motherboard of my P4 is compatible with last firmware. Any website we can submit S/N ?

(VW did that during dieselgate so owners could check engine software status)

Updated mine on Saturday as it told me i had to. Wish I hadn't. Horizon tilt looks better but LOTS of problems with loss of connection and gimbal flipping 90degrees to the left (takes video of a landing leg!). Video stops recording at this point too. Others have reported same problem. Reconnecting RC to P4 hasn't helped at all. No issues like this at all before the update. Both RC and P4 updates have been done and also redid them. Very frustrating.

Well, I finally updated mine, or at least the dealer did, when they repaired some stress cracks! They tested it out as O.K.

I flew it today, after updating Go to 4.1.09, and all was well apart from a wireless interference message.
Note: Calibrating the Controller has cleared the wireless interference warnings

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing