Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

From my short time experience, I will never do an upgrade again from the app. I will only upgrade from my PC. App upgrade was a nightmare. PC upgrade was flawless.

Great find.. I can't seem to find the firmware. Can you please include a link to the firmware and instructions on how to downgrade without bricking the AC? I read the firmware should be done from the PC. Is this done with the DUMLdore app?

Thanks..

pure butter last upgrade ...record distance ...battery time longer than specs...flawless execution in all phases of flight ...top speed 30 % above specs all problems vanished ting flies like a hornet

Great find.. I can't seem to find the firmware. Can you please include a link to the firmware and instructions on how to downgrade without bricking the AC? I read the firmware should be done from the PC. Is this done with the DUMLdore app?

Thanks..

This reply may get deleted .... Go here GitHub - MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin: Archive of dji_system.bin for DJI Phantom4, Inspire2, Spark, Goggles, and Mavic dji_system.bin firmware files, that are in active GPL violation

Yes, Dumldore. Just be very careful what .bin you use.

pure butter last upgrade ...record distance ...battery time longer than specs...flawless execution in all phases of flight ...top speed 30 % above specs all problems vanished ting flies like a hornet

Thats the problem. For some people the 02.00.0106 update has been flawless. For a lot of people, myself included, it has been a disaster. DJI not taking this seriously enough, given that they released the "broken" firmware back in July of this year.

Reactions: Bravofox
I got problems just updated both Ac and Rc and now link flashes green and red continuously it's the same on my iPad as well flashes disconnected ac connected ac not sure on what I should do

I got problems just updated both Ac and Rc and now link flashes green and red continuously it's the same on my iPad as well flashes disconnected ac connected ac not sure on what I should do

IIRC you need to Re-Link your Controller to your AC. There's several YT videos on how to do that.

Very unstable since last firmware update. Makes it uncomfortable to fly. Wobbles, twitches, small random back and forth movements.

I guess that DJI offer these firmware updates as a service to their customers, to keep things up to spec - good show.

How on earth can they make such an absolute mess like this and refuse to even acknowledge it?

They should provide an OFFICIAL firmware roll back option IMMEDIATELY, for all the people who are having these problems, and apologise publicly.

It is disgraceful, and in my opinion they should be ashamed.

Did my update today, via DJI assistant on my PC. First one stuck at 88% but I suspect that was because of Dell's flakey crappy USB ports. Redid it with my lenovo laptop and it went without a hitch. The GO app did not want to update on my Samsung tablet, so removed program and installed from scratch. Took a couple of reboots of tablet & RC radio before the RC would update but eventually went.

Did an initial flight in the yard, no issues so far to speak of, other than after some aggressive banking and yaw movements the gimbal got stuck pointing to the right. After another calibration it seemed ok. Not seeing any of the jerky / twitchy behaviours others are reporting. Hopefully get a longer flight in tomorrow and test it some more.

Did my update today, via DJI assistant on my PC. First one stuck at 88% but I suspect that was because of Dell's flakey crappy USB ports. Redid it with my lenovo laptop and it went without a hitch. The GO app did not want to update on my Samsung tablet, so removed program and installed from scratch. Took a couple of reboots of tablet & RC radio before the RC would update but eventually went.

Did an initial flight in the yard, no issues so far to speak of, other than after some aggressive banking and yaw movements the gimbal got stuck pointing to the right. After another calibration it seemed ok. Not seeing any of the jerky / twitchy behaviours others are reporting. Hopefully get a longer flight in tomorrow and test it some more.

Are you flying Phantom 4 or a later model?

Absolutely terrible, my phantom 4 flys like a nervous horse, totally unpredictable!
Been back to DJI Netherlands and still as bad now, total disgrace, I don't trust a word they say now, lost all confidence in my equipment and DJI

Reactions: Hands0n

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT