Is this the first case in the nation?

there was one in Kentucky. the shooter has been charged with felonies.

and there was one in California, the shooter was ordered to pay for the drone, but i don't believe criminal charges were filed

It's going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid. I'm just surprised that it doesn't happen more if the numbers coming from DJI is to be believed (500,000+ Phantom 3 sold since release)... that's a lot of drones out in the wild!

I say Bring It! I could use the money... and the laugh! And I would be there when the prick gets released from jail... WITH my P3!

Reactions: Airborne
"Birdshot with a half-inch charge isn’t bringing anything down at that distance. You can’t even reach the property line. You’d have to be right on top of it,” Sandman said."
That statement amuses me . Stand there while I take the shot ,and we'll see if it reaches the property line.

"Birdshot with a half-inch charge isn’t bringing anything down at that distance. You can’t even reach the property line. You’d have to be right on top of it,” Sandman said."
That statement amuses me . Stand there while I take the shot ,and we'll see if it reaches the property line.

attorneys lie, so do politicians. my bet is he changes his mind immediately when you **** the shotgun ;)

notifying neighbors would be recommended. make a connection for future business?

Screw the neighbors! There is no reason to ever feel you NEED to ask anyone for permission to do anything! The sky is free space, and it should be law anywhere that you have the right to take a picture. Intent on invasion of privacy is another thing completely, but that is NEVER the case in any of the reported drone shootings.

Screw the neighbors! There is no reason to ever feel you NEED to ask anyone for permission to do anything! The sky is free space, and it should be law anywhere that you have the right to take a picture. Intent on invasion of privacy is another thing completely, but that is NEVER the case in any of the reported drone shootings.

I'm torn on this one. Sometimes I feel like it's just a courtesy that doesn't harm anything and can do more good than not. I certainly do not want to couch as asking for permission. Ever. I completely agree with you that if it's legal we should be allowed to exercise our freedoms without questions or restrictions. The problem is that sometimes people just don't know and not for a lack of intelligence either. In those cases I feel it's better to just explain it to them and if they're still unreasonable, then yes, screw them.

I'm torn on this one. Sometimes I feel like it's just a courtesy that doesn't harm anything and can do more good than not. I certainly do not want to couch as asking for permission. Ever. I completely agree with you that if it's legal we should be allowed to exercise our freedoms without questions or restrictions. The problem is that sometimes people just don't know and not for a lack of intelligence either. In those cases I feel it's better to just explain it to them and if they're still unreasonable, then yes, screw them.
I fly some... maybe 2 hours a week... around my neighborhood. Buzzing up and down the street and around the trees in my yard. Partially to get better. partially to let people see! To see what it is, and that its not some scary thing. A few have come and talked to me. I should add that I do this with a .45 on my hip! I have yet to have someone be negative. Most have NO clue. Some come, I think, to talk about the P3, but end up talking about guns. There is one old guy though.. he I think has an issue. But I don't fly around his place at all. Hes about 8 houses away. I've never been over his house, and don't go that far up the street. But he has, a few time now, been leaving in his car and pulled back in his driveway and stood, arms crossed, watching. I know whats legal both on the flying side, and the photography side of the house. I'm always willing to talk to people, and have let a few fly. But I will NOT change my habits to pamper someone with irrational fear!

I have deleted a few post here as they were out of line. Please, feel free to debate topics but personal beliefs should be left unsaid. The forum is made up of many people, from many countries and many cultures. What works for some doesn't for others. Just to use the current gun topic used here, while many of you feel that Americans should not own guns, many people think you should not be able to own a quadcopter. You think thats nuts because you would never do harm with your quad, well that is exactly how many Americans feel about guns. There are many sides to the argument as you can see.
So please stick to Phantom talk on this forum and save the gun talk for a gun forum. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers