Is this sale a scam? Looks too good to be true!

Reaction score
upload_2018-2-7_8-16-25.png

Anniversary Sale

If it sounds too good to be true...

You're trying to "justify" going against your gut instinct. It's got to be a scam or they would be out of inventory and unable to keep them in stock.

Definitely too good to be true.

Yes it is a scam. I got scammed with a web site "Value Basket", now out of business, with a price for a P4 that was unbelievably low.
Foolishly I went for it, I tried to pay on credit card but the site would not accept it, so I made a second mistake and used my debit card.
Anyway after months of waiting, and promises of imminent delivery, the supplier went bust, they were a big operator.
I eventually persuaded my bank to refund me, even though it was on a debit card.
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, then........... you can fill in the rest.

Yes it is a scam. I got scammed with a web site "Value Basket", now out of business, with a price for a P4 that was unbelievably low.
Foolishly I went for it, I tried to pay on credit card but the site would not accept it, so I made a second mistake and used my debit card.
Anyway after months of waiting, and promises of imminent delivery, the supplier went bust, they were a big operator.
I eventually persuaded my bank to refund me, even though it was on a debit card.
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, then........... you can fill in the rest.
Never ever use your debit card on the internet. Only credit. If a scammer gets your account information, your bank account can be drained! No protection on your checking or savings accounts. Credit cards are protected and you can dispute charges.

Reactions: swansmadman
Really...free car? Im sure thats a story to be held.
You know all that junk mail you get every day? You have won a free this or a free that - well she is not smart enough to read the fine print, that you have to buy something or subscribe to something and then you are entered into some lame *** contest. But on the envelope it says in giant letters YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY WON A NEW CAR! We try to explain it to her but she still thinks she all this free stuff coming.
She's not senile either, just gullible.

Really...free car? Im sure thats a story to be held.[/QUOTE

I received a few tickets to an expensive steak dinner from a "World renowned investment firm" Did a quick due diligence background check, the entire firm only has one licensed professional with a S7 and S66 and barely 2 years in total experience. Did a SEC state filing check, they have less than 100K in assets under management. LOL

Like they say no such thing as a free lunch. :)

I have recieved some choice materials in the mail, Keys for cars I could win if they start the car (yet the keys do not look like any kind used in any automobile), Choice Acres for sale in lands unknown (turns out to be land in the middle of the desert, with no mineral rights nor any access to water or even a way to get to the land without having to cross other private land) etc..

Amazing the scams people try on a monthly basis.

I received a few tickets to an expensive steak dinner from a "World renowned investment firm" Did a quick due diligence background check, the entire firm only has one licensed professional with a S7 and S66 and barely 2 years in total experience. Did a SEC state filing check, they have less than 100K in assets under management. LOL

Like they say no such thing as a free lunch. :)

I have recieved some choice materials in the mail, Keys for cars I could win if they start the car (yet the keys do not look like any kind used in any automobile), Choice Acres for sale in lands unknown (turns out to be land in the middle of the desert, with no mineral rights nor any access to water or even a way to get to the land without having to cross other private land) etc..

Amazing the scams people try on a monthly basis.
And an amazing amount of people fall for it. Greed or stupidity? Or both?

I got almost scammed on eBay.Real buyer with 100% rating sent fake ebay emails saying he paid when he did not.They were just like real eBay emails.Pay pal said money not on hold so I contacted eBay.Sent them fake emails and they confirmed.The account was hacked the person that owned it did make purchase.Now ebay gave the hackers my information.I spent the whole night redoing all my online accounts.Watch out buying and selling on eBay they have serious protection problem right now.Your acc can be hacked and used to purchase item with hacked credit card and shipped to diff addresses.He said it was a gift.I had boxed up drone and almost shipped it.If a deal sounds like a dream then smack yourself and wake up..Dreams only come true in movies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl