Is this Battery done in ?

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is the battery I got from my lost quad. When I got to it I pushed the button and saw one light . When I got it home I put it on assistant and got this .

I then gave it a full charge and got this . Is this battery had it ?

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    935.3 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 776
So, you found it? I wasn't following the other thread...
I suspect the battery has at least one cell in deep discharge. I would try to charge it for a while - not full - and check it again.

:(
I'd say toast. Wouldn't trust it.
You probably know but for those who don't, here's a easy way to test your battery life.
http://youtu.be/vViFGNUjG4g

MHL

You have one cell knocking on deaths door I wouldn't trust it and get a replacement

I believe you are right sir ! By the #'s I would have thought it would have lasted longer but that is the one that sat in the woods for several days .

Fplvert said:
:(
I'd say toast. Wouldn't trust it.
You probably know but for those who don't, here's a easy way to test your battery life.
http://youtu.be/vViFGNUjG4g

MHL
I thought that was already disproven in another thread. Maybe not.

I believe a have read in here awhile back some have discharged theirs as many as 300 times and they were still good but maybe I just dreamed that !

That's only if the pack is took care of which we both know that rarely happens

What are you seeing in the numbers that indicates a problem? The 74% life?

dirkclod said:
I believe a have read in here awhile back some have discharged theirs as many as 300 times and they were still good but maybe I just dreamed that !
:D
I think that's what DJI estimates. Kind of like 25 minute flight time, and 800 meter stock range. :lol:

One of my original batteries (39 cycles) would flash all red and attempt to land at 50% charge. The other two originals are still going fine and test over 90% life left. I'm not sure why one battery died before the others as I rotate them every flight. Something to watch if you are flying long distance or over water.

MHL

Marlin009 said:
What are you seeing in the numbers that indicates a problem? The 74% life?

He's worried about the low voltage in cell 2. Despite being 99% charged. That cell is not balancing...

I thought that was already disproven in another thread. Maybe not.

That method will tell you the % of life the battery still has in it. BUT you can get that from plugging in to the naza any way.

BUT dji % of life has absolutely nothing at all to do with if the battery is good or not and is just another counter they have were every 3 charge cycles tics off 1% of the battery's life count. So that after 300 charges its considered to have 0% remaining life even if they battery other wise was taken care off and still worked perfectly. or on the other hand even if you have one that only had 3 charges on and it crapped the bed the remaining life will still say 99% even if the battery is toast.

But as far as this battery hear and the posted screen shots I dont see that there is any thing indicating any thing is wrong with it being all 3 cells took a charge even if they are off a tiny fraction of a volt from each other. is not that unnormal. and the full voltage is right in the neighborhood of ware it should be to if its got all 3 cells still working and taking a charge.

If any thing it might need a good full discharge and then a full charge again and the cells to balance better.

Sorry Marlin009 have just got back to this but yea those screenshots did look funny . I did do a full recharge twice now and when I cut everything on this screenshot is what I get . I take off anyway and just let it hover in front of me till it goes back down and recharge again . I did notice when it get to about 30% it just drops to about 9% real fast !!
This battery is not that bad old and have sent screenshots to Eric at UAVdirect to see if they will replace it ! Who knows ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0584.PNG
    IMG_0584.PNG
    302.8 KB · Views: 407
dirkclod said:
Sorry Marlin009 have just got back to this but yea those screenshots did look funny . I did do a full recharge twice now and when I cut everything on this screenshot is what I get . I take off anyway and just let it hover in front of me till it goes back down and recharge again . I did notice when it get to about 30% it just drops to about 9% real fast !!
This battery is not that bad old and have sent screenshots to Eric at UAVdirect to see if they will replace it ! Who knows ;)

Hey, no problem. I did see the warning box down in the corner of the first ones you posted.
I noticed a little variation in the different cells but I didn't know what an acceptable variance was. They seemed pretty close to my uneducated eye. :)
I'll be watching mine closely.

Thanks.

Ya me too and do check those #s when I am in assistant but with just the battery I have in there at the time .
I have seen a little difference in some but never that much .
I Will be checking all 3 every time I do go in assistant from now on though !!
Always learning something huh ! ;)
I even changed my avatar to remind me to :lol:

Yeah, I'm trying. :cool:

I dint notice the waring window in the bottom right of the pic. But sence the new update that will flash up even if you just do the normal discharge after 20 cycles. I had that pop up on me last week when I did a full discharge on a battery and I thought i toasted it. But it took a recharge fine and the window went away after I popped in a new battery and popped the other one back in.

J.James said:
I dint notice the waring window in the bottom right of the pic. But sence the new update that will flash up even if you just do the normal discharge after 20 cycles. I had that pop up on me last week when I did a full discharge on a battery and I thought i toasted it. But it took a recharge fine and the window went away after I popped in a new battery and popped the other one back in.
I had never seen that window before but am going to keep discharging and rechargeing and checking it to see if I can get the cells closer .
How far down do you discharge to . I've seen 20% and 8% and have done both on the others before .
Did have one trip and liked not got it back to me and was at 4% when I shut it off and recharged it and checked it and was fine .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl