Is this a Normal DJI Go app occurrence?

Reaction score
Hello to you all,

I've just started with drones and after a bit a time finally got the DJI Go app working with a P3A.

The drone was located in my dining room and naturally had no GPS signal.

The last thing I did was to make a "mock" take-off in the app (with no props fitted) just to make sure all was well.

The motors all started, but only ran for 15 - 20 seconds? That sounded okay, so I tried it again and a "Take-off Failed" appeared in the upper left of my tablet.

Is this normal behaviour for:

(1) the short time the motors were running, and

(2) the ensuing "Take-off Failed" message?

Best regards to all, and enjoy the silly season.

I will try this one I have been around awhile, it seems perfectly normal, the message pops up cause the drone senses that there is no pull on the motors ( being the motors are spinning to fast with the amount of power being applied to them) and with the props off this will happen, DJI didn't miss much in building these

Take it out and fly it! Or is the weather bad?

Indoors, don't use auto take-off. You'll get that message with no props, because you've told it to not only start the motors, but to take off, which it can't. If you want to test the motors indoors with no props, pull both sticks down and in to enable motor power. That will start up motors for testing. The motors will idle after the rev rev start up sequence, but you can give it a little left stick ascend throttle for test purposes.

In answer to the title, yes, quite normal but not recommended. As JL said, if you really want to run the motors with no props just do a gentle start using the sticks although I don't know what you hope to achieve by doing this?
The whole drone system is tied together, the motors, the ESCs that control the motors, the sensors that recognise if the drone is flying, the GPS system that basically navigates the thing etc etc. When you start the motors by doing an auto take-off the drone is expecting to fly, if it can't, no props, it'll tell you it's not happy, shut down the motors and give you an error message. Don't do this! If you want to test the motors indoors just put the drone somewhere away from anything loose that might get blown around, with the props on and start them with the two sticks pulled down. As has been said, they'll do their rev-rev start up and then idle. DO NOT PUSH THE LEFT STICK FORWARDS! You can idle it for as long as you like, I run the batteries down doing this when needed. The only error you might get is that there are no satellites.

Hello to you all,

I've just started with drones and after a bit a time finally got the DJI Go app working with a P3A.

The drone was located in my dining room and naturally had no GPS signal.

The last thing I did was to make a "mock" take-off in the app (with no props fitted) just to make sure all was well.

The motors all started, but only ran for 15 - 20 seconds? That sounded okay, so I tried it again and a "Take-off Failed" appeared in the upper left of my tablet.

Is this normal behaviour for:

(1) the short time the motors were running, and

(2) the ensuing "Take-off Failed" message?

Best regards to all, and enjoy the silly season.
Yip normal and if manual start on motors and rev it knows there is prop missing so it will prompt you there to,and keep safe during silly season

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.