Is there anyone at DJI who can solve delivery logistics problems?

Reaction score
All I really want at the moment is the email address of someone who can think through this problem and quickly find a way to resolve it. Does that person exist? If so please share their email address... If this site is monitored by DJI representatives in the US please help your homebase address this rapidly...

I purchased a Phantom 4 from your online store.

Order number - 0661930896052

It was shipped to my Thai address on the 28th of November.

The DHL tracking number was 5113860102.

It is stuck at Thai customs. They will not release it without authorisation from the Thai Civil Aviation Authority.

There was no mention anywhere on your website that this product needed such approval to be shipped to Thailand. I purchased the drone after repeated, and frustrating attempts to get information from your online sales assistance to purchase it when I was in the United States. Then when I returned to Thailand I was unable to get anyone to reply to my request for information so decided that as I really wanted the drone for use in late December, you were the manufacturer and had Thailand shipping as an option I would buy it from you.

This has proven to be a terrible mistake as you are unable to deliver the drone to the address I have requested it to be sent.

Your online sales help people promise me that someone from your logistics department will contact me and help me with this issue but nobody makes contact.

The emails that are sent by your online help staff make no sense and do not even attempt to address the issue. I have paid almost $1000 and yet have no drone. Your customer service in this case has been a disaster.

I suggest a number of options. Accept that your shipping policies are insufficient in their current form and should have included the additional requirements to import the product to Thailand for purchaser's consideration prior to completing the sale.

Then, in descending order of preference for me THE CUSTOMER you could:
1. Ask DHL to immediately onship the product from Thailand to an address in Australia that I can supply.
2. Have a DHL representative meet me at the airport after immigration early on Saturday the 17th of December and I will take possession of the drone and take it with me to Australia.
3. As a final option, ask DHL to return the drone to you in China.

These are the available options as the window of time I made the actual purchase for is rapidly closing and my desire for the drone is therefore severely reduced.

You agreed to the sale and as part of that you agreed to deliver the drone to an address in Thailand.

You have not done that yet.

Please follow up with serious customer service in the next 24 hours.

If you paid with a credit card you are best to ask the credit card company for help to refund your money, assuming DJI doesn't respond to help you. You should be talking directly to DJI, not this forum. Send an email to Frank Wang, CEO, maybe that will help. [email protected]

Reactions: Slackware
All I really want at the moment is the email address of someone who can think through this problem and quickly find a way to resolve it. Does that person exist? If so please share their email address... If this site is monitored by DJI representatives in the US please help your homebase address this rapidly...

I purchased a Phantom 4 from your online store.

Order number - 0661930896052

It was shipped to my Thai address on the 28th of November.

It is stuck at Thai customs. They will not release it without authorisation from the Thai Civil Aviation Authority.
So what does the Thai Civil Aviation Authority say about getting the release? If customs wants something from them, and you are in thailand, go see them and get it. Unless your immigration status is suspect, then don't go near them.

So what does the Thai Civil Aviation Authority say about getting the release? If customs wants something from them, and you are in thailand, go see them and get it. Unless your immigration status is suspect, then don't go near them.

They indicate it can be obtained with a 90 day processing time...I wanted to use it over my break...

Seems reasonable to buy and receive OR indicate the processes that will facilitate delivery prior to taking my money.

I recall reading about this issue a while back, can't remember the source though.

From recollection it's a ridiculous situation. DJI will process your order and ship but they don't have a Thai import licence leaving it up to the buyer to do all the paperwork if they hope to receive the drone. It seems it only applies to plus 2kg drones however the carrier will declare the total package weight (seemingly adding to the craziness).

I would ask DJI to arrange for the consignement to be returned to them and demand they ship (at their cost) a new item to your Australian address.

Nice work DJI. They really need to beat the responsibility here given the circumstances. If it was held for duty/tax payment I could see it being your problem but not this stuff up that they had good reason to suspect (your not the first with this predicament).

For future reference:
Here is what I have learnt from this experience.
If you reside in Thailand do not buy a drone direct from DJI Online Store, they cannot ship it to you as it will be stopped at Thai Customs until you have a Thai Civil Aviation Authority approval. These are obtainable but as it is VERY unusual for an individual to request this on their own the process is unclear and lengthy.
If you are frustrated by the DJI online help system then use some heavy handed Twitter barrage tactics (a la the PEOTUSA) and force them into helping you!
The response I received from the company once I started to freeform frustratedly Tweet @DJISupport was remarkably swift and focused on solving the problem.
I was quickly put in touch with Serina at DJI Online Store <[email protected]> who organised for the drone at Thai Customs to be returned to Hong Kong and swiftly despatched a new shipment to an address in Australia along with appropriate apologies for the stress and time wasted.
It was a positive end to a difficult process and i hope to be airborne this Sunday...
Thanks to the good people who recognised that customers should be given all the information they need to make their decisions and treated well when problems arise.
Bravo!

I think its a bit harsh to blame DJI here.

You tried to import something unto your country without first ensuring you have the correct authorisation and legal juristiction from your own countrys customs.
Its your responsibility to meet your countrys laws, not theirs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think its a bit harsh to blame DJI here.

You tried to import something unto your country without first ensuring you have the correct authorisation and legal juristiction from your own countrys customs.
Its your responsibility to meet your countrys laws, not theirs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
From DJI's perspective under what circumstances would you accept an order and payment to ship to a country knowing of the import restrictions without informing the customer?

To simply ensure the issue is understood and an informed decision may be made by the purchaser as to whether they wish to proceed with the transaction. This could all be resolved if DJI were to obtain the required import authorisation.

This is bad business.

I agree with With The Birds here and respectfully disagree with 4lex. To be honest I think DJI also knows they should have done better by their response once the problem was clearly and publicly expressed. They did themselves proud in fixing the issue and with some adjustments in their order acceptance from Thailand they should see happy customers going forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.