Is there any reason to shoot photos in RAW & JPEG?

Reaction score
I already have software to process RAW, so is there any reason to shoot in RAW +JPEG? Thank you in advance.

Choosing to shoot in RAW Jpeg will allow you to get a quick view of the camera processed Jpeg. If you are comfortable judging your RAW images on site don't bother with the Jpeg. It really doesn't take that much more data to shoot in both, storage is cheap and you can discard the Jpegs when the job is complete.

Choosing to shoot in RAW Jpeg will allow you to get a quick view of the camera processed Jpeg. If you are comfortable judging your RAW images on site don't bother with the Jpeg. It really doesn't take that much more data to shoot in both, storage is cheap and you can discard the Jpegs when the job is complete.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

I’ve tried RAW and have since shoot in JPEG.

My posts are just fine. Maybe not $$$$ perfect, but fine for my eyes/customer eyes.

Now that’s not to say some conditions may not warrant RAW over JPEG. Versatility. Adapt.

I’ve tried RAW and have since shoot in JPEG.

My posts are just fine. Maybe not $$$$ perfect, but fine for my eyes/customer eyes.

Now that’s not to say some conditions may not warrant RAW over JPEG. Versatility. Adapt.

The beauty of RAW is that in the future if you shot and saved the RAW files you will have the equivalent of a digital negative to go back and adjust the image if needed. The RAW file saves all the unaltered data that was taken when you pressed the shutter button.

The beauty of RAW is that in the future if you shot and saved the RAW files you will have the equivalent of a digital negative to go back and adjust the image if needed. The RAW file saves all the unaltered data that was taken when you pressed the shutter button.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and I'm definately shooting stills all in RAW, because I can always get a JPEG from a RAW image if I need to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20