Is there a way to fix the horizon on my P4 ?

Reaction score
My horizon leans to the side ever so slightly.
Is there a way to fix it at home rather than sending it to DJI ?

Try calibrating the IMU in DJI GO while your Phantom is on a perfectly level surface (check it with a level). And, then calibrate the gimbal in DJI GO.

Reactions: Drone Master
My horizon leans to the side ever so slightly.
Is there a way to fix it at home rather than sending it to DJI ?
I saw a video online that shows pressing and holding C2 and also turning the camera dial. Tried it myself and it does appear to work, moves the camera slightly on its axis.

Reactions: AnthonyM1
I have a P3P and yes horizon level is sometimes a bit off but for a quick fix, I fly out say 20m and stop...and rotate the bird 180 degrees and it corrects itself..give that a try!

Undid the dji go app fix and it seems to have done the trick I think. I'll check better tomorrow as I only took a few photos today but I'm sure it's done it.

Try calibrating the IMU in DJI GO while your Phantom is on a perfectly level surface (check it with a level). And, then calibrate the gimbal in DJI GO.

I use 3mm flat rigid foam (110gr) I have cut 28x28cm to align basis props instead skids. No much difference but for me would be ideal. Any thoughts?
a3c6a5caa5714108ceaf83cf09748bf4_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've learned to adjust the horizon in post production (Premiere Pro) very quickly, like 15 seconds to adjust while editing my video. I can share how to do that if you'd like.

I use a launch pad board with a 2 way spirit level glued on to it. I set it up level at the launch site and then turn on the P4.
I used to have horizon tilt problems, but now, no more. I did try many things at the same time, so I cannot be sure the launch board was the final answer.
It did annoy me as most of my flying is on the coast near where I live, and views out across the bay with a tilted horizon drove me mad.
As mentioned by others, it is a 10 second fix in Premiere, but we should not have to do that, and Premiere is not cheap.

This video was before my launch board, but now it is perfect.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl