Is there a way to extend the 500m lateral distance?

Reaction score
I recently updated my S/W to:
App 3.1.59
A/C 1.8.80
RC 1.9.2
DB 01.00.01.07

I see there is a 500m lateral restriction can this me modified to extend that limit?

I have no horizontal distance limit on my P3adv, from memory I simply switched the distance limitation off in or via, the go app.
There is a 500m above take off point height limit built into some software, possibly on the drone, I believe the only way to over ride that is to hack the software. To get to 500m above the take off point you may be ignoring local restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see there is a 500m lateral restriction can this me modified to extend that limit?
Here is a bullet from the list of tips I have often shared here with new P3A/P3P owners. It sounds like what you are seeing:

> The "Enable Max Distance" option in the app is used to set a distance limit. Leave this option disabled to fly the maximum distance. Only enable this option if you want to set a max distance limit of up to 500M. [Note - I've always thought this option was poorly named. I think "Enable Distance Limit" would be more intuitive.]

Than you all for the replies. I did not notice the ability to turn off that max distance, so glad I found it with help.

Oso,
I saw your most helpful sheet a few day ago and have been trying to find it again. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
To get to 500m above the take off point you may be ignoring local restrictions.
Not necessarily if you fly up close to the hill. You must only stay within 150m from the ground (hill) and you can go up as high as the hill is plus 150m.

Here is a bullet from the list of tips I have often shared here with new P3A/P3P owners. It sounds like what you are seeing:

> The "Enable Max Distance" option in the app is used to set a distance limit. Leave this option disabled to fly the maximum distance. Only enable this option if you want to set a max distance limit of up to 500M. [Note - I've always thought this option was poorly named. I think "Enable Distance Limit" would be more intuitive.]
Has anyone ever had their Phantom flight actually restricted at the distance limit red circle. Mine is set to zero, it removes the red circle and I can fly til my battery runs out.

Has anyone ever had their Phantom flight actually restricted at the distance limit red circle. Mine is set to zero, it removes the red circle and I can fly til my battery runs out.
I've had instances where I've flown a P3P at friends' homes near itty bitty (and in one case, totally disused) airstrips and no matter how much I played with the settings and tried authorizations I couldn't go beyond 300. It was hysterical, I could fly out from my position full-tilt and then the bird would act like it smacked a wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20