Is there a way to adjust the image transmission quality on the P4P?

Reaction score
In the DJI GO 4 app, it gives me the option of different video transmission qualities under the HD icon on my Mavic Pro Platinum. I'm not seeing this option anywhere for the P4P. If there's an option for video transmission quality for the P4P, where can it be found? Thank you in advance.

This is strange... I use a P4A and the option for video transmission bandwidth is definitely under HD. It's a drop down menu with the options 10mbps, 6mbps, 4mbps and Auto.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Only when you choose a custom channel. Can't adjust it in auto.

In the DJI GO 4 app, it gives me the option of different video transmission qualities under the HD icon on my Mavic Pro Platinum. I'm not seeing this option anywhere for the P4P. If there's an option for video transmission quality for the P4P, where can it be found? Thank you in advance.

Is yours the same at the attached image? This is IOS, are you on android?. Looks like there isn't an auto option which is weird because i'm sure there was. I just keep mine on 4mbps tbh.

Attachments

• 2018-06-01 09-51-50-1.png
    2018-06-01 09-51-50-1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 369
Is yours the same at the attached image? This is IOS, are you on android?. Looks like there isn't an auto option which is weird because i'm sure there was. I just keep mine on 4mbps tbh.
I'm using iOS as well, but I only get the option for transmission quality in custom channel mode.

Edit:

Turns out I was on custom without even realising. After changing to auto the transmission quality option disappeared.
Strange thing though, the custom option then disappeared too.

To get it back again you need to change your iPad region the US. Strange.

Last edited:
There are Normal, HD and Smooth options. However, the HD option limits the recording to SD card in the drone to 2.7K, according to a popup note that appears when selecting HD. So to get a clearer image on your display, you trade off recorded image quality.

I always choose 2.4, custom channel 20 and 6mbps. I used to stick to 4mbps but since my air 2 can handle 6 I stick with that. I prefer all this because I don't like the twitchy image in auto and I firmly believe that the fpv feed should remain low to ease the processing during flight. Works for me anyway.

Anyone notice video break up/poor transmission quality when in Active Track and also in Point of Interest modes? I was about 25' from the bird with no interference shown in the HD menu and was getting picture display problems until I shut off the Intelligent Flight Mode and flew manually. Then I can get out to thousands of feet with no picture break up. I think I need to report that to DJI. Could be something with the GPS tracking in the display interfering with video reception.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4