Is there a site or description on how to achieve longer flight distances ?

Reaction score
I have a P4 with the MaxxUAV setup:

EvoKitV3-2_large.jpeg

I am getting 7500ft from a top of a hill but seen others getting 40,000 !!!

Is there a site that explains settings to achieve greater distances ?

I admit I don't have that setup, but I can get almost that far stock. As far as I know, there is no magic to that setup as long as it's right. I think you should be getting a lot more range out of that rig than you are apparently getting.

What none of us can speak to is what level of interference are you experiencing in those "hills" that may be reducing your range. I think you're going to find something in your mod is not working as it should but I don't know how to diagnose it, but someone will come along who certainly can.

Yes - it's called phantompilots.com.

Achieving long distances is a long slow process. It's not plug and play. Start from the beginning. Read the threads regarding controller mods, bird-side mods, battery mods, antennas, cables, amps, aiming, interference from competing wifi, interference from moisture, signal polarization, minimizing signal loss, wind, humidity, flying strategies, emergency landing strategies, and anything else you can think of, and begin applying these things to your setup on step at a time. Take your time and be patient so that you can enjoy the hobby. It might take a year or two, but the distance will come.

There are lots of factors affecting distance, likely the number 1 factor is environment and where you are flying. What is the terrain and forms of interference? The mods such as antenna and battery are what overcome these factors. Personally, I live in an environment that has low radio interference and good terrain for flying and I've gone 20,000ft one way stock.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I have the same setup and can get about a mile before interference kicks in. I'm also in the burbs and do not really have line of sight either. All depends on what's in the air. Stock I could get about 2000 ft and that's it. Have not tried any open area yet. Good luck and fly safe

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Location, location, location. The maxx setup you have should take you as far as your battery will bring you back. (If all your cables are well coupled). I have Maxx dbs02 and when I fly south of my place in the country I can easily go 20,000 feet plus. If I go towards town to the east the bird will lose video conection around 8000 feet and then RTH a bit further. After a couple of times this RTH happened I checked out the propable cause, it was that I was flying between two cell towers than are at least 3 miles appart and the interferance was just too high. Our air ways are full of signals that will limit our range. Try your system out in the country and make shure your not between towers, if you get the range then you will know all your connections and sytems are good.

EvoKitV3-2_large.jpeg

I am getting 7500ft from a top of a hill but seen others getting 40,000 !!!

Could you upload your flight to healthydrones.com and share the link? Also, are both amplifiers turning a light blue when everything is powered on?

Reactions: scatmanr1
I also have problems with the P4 and the same setup as yours. But the MaxxRange on the P3 is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic