Is the Litchi App really worth $20?

Yep, finding I'd much rather use this than the DJI app. Much more options IMO and I would be surprised if the DJI app got any newer features at this point.

Why is it better? What are the in app items and why are they worth $4.
Not a question of better. But different features. Simple. Fly a way point mission with your drone. Then repeat. Or just tap it and go. Without pre flying the mission that alone makes it worth it.
Note. I did not pay. I'm using testers version only. Which gives me all I need.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: telescott
So the VR / FPV is cool but what sold me finally is the "Litchi Magic Leash" which allows a person to stay in control of the Quad to insure safety, stay off camera, and let a second person with an iPhone (or other mobile device) on them be the one that is followed (like on a bike or performing some sports activity).... There is enough feature set over and above DJI Go that I find useful enough to pay for.

Reactions: snowghost
So the VR / FPV is cool but what sold me finally is the "Litchi Magic Leash" which allows a person to stay in control of the Quad to insure safety, stay off camera, and let a second person with an iPhone (or other mobile device) on them be the one that is followed (like on a bike or performing some sports activity).... There is enough feature set over and above DJI Go that I find useful enough to pay for.
Does magic leash work good?

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Does magic leash work good?
Will find out; but may need to wait for an update since I am using iOS devices and they are a bit behind on the feature set. (Android gets the features first; or at least at the time of this posting).

I'm confused by this. The app is $14.99 on the iOS App Store. (iTunes)

$19.99 for Android

Reactions: jointeffort
Well this litchi magic leash requires some kind of pin. To download in App Store no problem. Any advice would be appreciated. As this would be outstanding for a follow me feature.
Update: according to reviews in App Store it is garbage on iOS. Does not work and only the magic 8 ball knows what the pin is to even connect.

Well this litchi magic leash requires some kind of pin. To download in App Store no problem. Any advice would be appreciated. As this would be outstanding for a follow me feature.
Update: according to reviews in App Store it is garbage on iOS. Does not work and only the magic 8 ball knows what the pin is to even connect.

Tony, you do realize that those reviews are because people cannot read before trying the app and they believe the leash app was full litchi for iOS, so when they realized that it is not they gave bad reviews.

The leash app is a companion app that has to have the full version running as well and the pin is generated on the full litchi version and then the leash version connects via that PIN.

Now if those people would have read how the leash app is suppose to work on the description or even the forums or even looked at the developer's page this type of misinformation wouldn't be spread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm confused by this. The app is $14.99 on the iOS App Store. (iTunes)

iOS is $14.99 I suppose because the feature set is not complete yet. Provide them a bit of time and I believe it will be on par with the Android version (and then maybe a price increase?). I bought it now on good faith that they will build in the follow me (and leash) functionality in the next couple of updates. (And therefore save $5 for early adopting).

I wish it did work I got it and I'm waiting for it to work. I think it only works if you have and android and iOS but not iOS on iOS action look on the Facebook for them

Reactions: JBG
Tony, you do realize that those reviews are because people cannot read before trying the app and they believe the leash app was full litchi for iOS, so when they realized that it is not they gave bad reviews.

The leash app is a companion app that has to have the full version running as well and the pin is generated on the full litchi version and then the leash version connects via that PIN.

Now if those people would have read how the leash app is suppose to work on the description or even the forums or even looked at the developer's page this type of misinformation wouldn't be spread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's funny. I mean they were slamming it.

Reactions: jbe420 and JBG
Thinking of buying the Litchi app. What happens if the quad losses connection with the controller. Does RTH activate ?

Thanks. That's funny. I mean they were slamming it.

That is true but also not all know what the heck all those words mean. Some people can't see well and reading or finding that info is hard that's what this stuff is for

Thinking of buying the Litchi app. What happens if the quad losses connection with the controller. Does RTH activate ?
It will complete the mission.
See second sentence below.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456084589.407342.jpg

iOS is $14.99 I suppose because the feature set is not complete yet. Provide them a bit of time and I believe it will be on par with the Android version (and then maybe a price increase?). I bought it now on good faith that they will build in the follow me (and leash) functionality in the next couple of updates. (And therefore save $5 for early adopting).
That's exactly what I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic