Is the cap for the battery available to purchase?

Reaction score
I’ve got a crack across the top of my battery that’s been charged 7 times. I just out of warranty though. I got it for Christmas and the weathers finally good enough to fly, but now I’ve got this. The cap comes off easily by just removing two screws, but is there any place to purchase a replacement? Thanks!
image.jpg

Didn’t think of that. Hey, anyone here have a dead battery for a P4P then be willing to sell me? :)
OK I have this,,,I can't ship batt cause strict dangerous goods laws but I can Shipp the top to you for free,,it excellent condition,,,if can't find a local one cause I'm NZ and shipping might take 10 days depending where you are,,,text me details if stuck and I ship tommorow while I can,,your call,I'm happy to help
IAN
1558816430711-501593192.jpg
15588164917421093639460.jpg

Reactions: Ansia
Hey just read after you say that,,,you might get a new one from dji,,,if you say 7 charges on their form it's 6 months and cycle charge less than 200,,,send them a email and picture,,see what happen,,might get a new batt,,,I wonder if this apples even if a year is up??????????????????????????
15588184915831253537324.jpg

I’ve got a crack across the top of my battery that’s been charged 7 times. I just out of warranty though. I got it for Christmas and the weathers finally good enough to fly, but now I’ve got this. The cap comes off easily by just removing two screws, but is there any place to purchase a replacement? Thanks!View attachment 111518
Do you know how/why it cracked? You don't want to risk your A/C with a defective battery.

Do you know how/why it cracked? You don't want to risk your A/C with a defective battery.
I did read somewhere it the pressure of spring clip behind on skiny plastic, design flaw I'm thinking,,yes risky to fly cause it holds clip and could cause unwanted ejected batt,,,these Springs here cause it,,no reinforced plastic to hold the strain
1558823946450-1922288938.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LarBear360
I did read somewhere it the pressure of spring clip behind on skiny plastic, design flaw I'm thinking,,yes risky to fly cause it holds clip and could cause unwanted ejected batt
Unless it was dropped, it shouldn't be cracked. Replacing the cover may only cover up another more serious problem with the battery.

It’s absolutely a known issue with those springs. The crack is right on top of them. DJI won’t do anything to correct the problem, they’ll just tell you to return it if under warranty otherwise go buy a new battery. This battery had zero abuse.

And I'm thinking this has mayby room for another thing plastic strip under the spring for prevention of this without adding to much force on that clip
Screenshot_20190526-104257.jpg

Hey just read after you say that,,,you might get a new one from dji,,,if you say 7 charges on their form it's 6 months and cycle charge less than 200,,,send them a email and picture,,see what happen,,might get a new batt,,,I wonder if this apples even if a year is up??????????????????????????View attachment 111523

Once you’re past 6 months they won’t help. I’m just barely past.

OK I have this,,,I can't ship batt cause strict dangerous goods laws but I can Shipp the top to you for free,,it excellent condition,,,if can't find a local one cause I'm NZ and shipping might take 10 days depending where you are,,,text me details if stuck and I ship tommorow while I can,,your call,I'm happy to help
IANView attachment 111520View attachment 111521

Thank you! Message sent.

A crack in the cap means little, I would drill the ends of the crack to terminate the crack and remove the stress riser. Then fly and keep an eye on it, maybe some fiberglass reinforced packing tape over it for belt and suspenders method. Just my thoughts. Gotta drill the end of the crack with the smallest hole you can to terminate the stress riser though.

A crack in the cap means little, I would drill the ends of the crack to terminate the crack and remove the stress riser. Then fly and keep an eye on it, maybe some fiberglass reinforced packing tape over it for belt and suspenders method. Just my thoughts. Gotta drill the end of the crack with the smallest hole you can to terminate the stress riser though.
Crack in batt here is bad,being pressure point on the clip drilling will weaken already fragile area,,can clearly see it has no reinforced and if crackso bad and starts pressing out ward the clip will give up its mount,I agree on drilling hole but not at this location,there not a lot of pressure from spring clip but enough to cause this issue,again too I had these clips out and is easy to get something under spring so it not resting on plastic example--thin alloy strip,,or plastic strip,but can't be more than 1mm thick or will put pressure on that spring against inside of batt clip and crack it some more

Thank you sir!
Glad to help and glad it make it to you,at least you can use it ,no good collecting dust over here,,was off a new battery that discharged itself to 2.23volts,,I was going to jump start charging process but gave up on it,,one day mayby I fix it :).................just add to this for others but if you going to store or not use for a while,keep charging battery's up,,I don't think they enter hybination mode they just discharge to a point where charger won't charge them again unless dismantle and charge that way,,intelligent battery's not clever here or it wouldn't discharge to that point off trouble

Reactions: Ansia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20