Is that a gator that my Phantom is seeing?

Could be. Although in my experience, the head is normally the only thing that breaks the surface. From that height the body might be underwater but just appears that it's broken the surface. It wouldn't surprise me, we see them all the time in South Florida. They become more of a pain than a scary prehistoric creature.

You are right. I just don't know what else that could be. This is a closed lagoon with no "water" outlet. However, there is a fairly large bayou nearby. I guess a gator could have walked there and took up residence!

Ksc said:
Could be. Although in my experience, the head is normally the only thing that breaks the surface. From that height the body might be underwater but just appears that it's broken the surface. It wouldn't surprise me, we see them all the time in South Florida. They become more of a pain than a scary prehistoric creature.

Those ducks sure didn't want to be around it. Could be a gator looking for new home. I have seen them break the surface like that, but Ksc is right the mostly just stick there eyes and nose out.

Great shot of what ever it is.

Just for fun, I sent it via Facebook to a few local news outlets. They didn't take an interest. Every once in a while, someone sees a small gator in a local canal and it makes such great headlines. I'm willing to bet if someone loses a little doggie to a gator in this park, my video will get some airplay!

Rigger609 said:
Those ducks sure didn't want to be around it. Could be a gator looking for new home. I have seen them break the surface like that, but Ksc is right the mostly just stick there eyes and nose out.

Great shot of what ever it is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl